Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coopers Brewmaster Irish Stout Kit.

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a Coopers Brewmaster Irish Stout Kit on the cheap from my Local HBS which was a month or so out of date. I chucked the yeast out and replaced it with an WYeast Activator 1084. I used the recommended ingredients (spraymalt and brewing sugar) at the recommended quantities but instead of adding 23l of water I only used 17l. This gave me my desired OG of 1055.

Once the brew was well underway I started to think maybe I should have used more water and sugar/spraymant to have got the 1055. Should I have upped the water volume?

I read on another forum that concentrated brews of 17-18l can have water added after fermentation is complete prior to bottling.

Given that I only used about 75% of the recommended water will my brew be too concentrated to make a drinkable stout?

This is only my second attempt at beer brewing so I would be grateful for any comments or advice.

Cheers!

It should be just fine, reducing the water is done in Barley wine kits to aquire a higher gravity & more body.
    Though this kit is good made up to the full 23ltrs.
    Discount Home Brew Supplies
    Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
    Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
    National Wine Judge
    N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

And if, when it's finished fermenting etc, you back sweeten it with lactose, you've got "milk stout"

regards

jtfb
      Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Working...
      X