New Book..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Book..

For me anyway, Picked up a copy of Graham Wheeler's Brew your own British Real Ale.

So far.. Fantastic.

Well laid out. Informative and easy instructions etc in the recipes.

Just so much in it to brew! now has lots of bookmarks in it for recipes to try!

This is in advance of me actually getting everything together to start an all grain beer brew!
    Last edited by Rich; 20-10-2010, 08:58 PM.

Originally posted by Rich View Post
    For me anyway, Picked up a copy of Graham Wheeler's Brew your own British Real Ale.

So far.. Fantastic.

This is in advance of me actually getting everything together to start an all grain beer brew!
    You should check this out in advance of me being there to help.
    Supplied as a single disc. Illustration shows top and underside of the disc. 90mm diameter pad for 100mm (4") sanding discs.. Complete with M10x1.25 locking nut suitable for Kango/Wolf Grinderette, Makita, Matco, Sealey, Taskmaster machines.
    Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
    Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
    -Police Squad

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post

So far.. Fantastic.

Does it come complete, with flat cap, driving gloves and leather elbow patched tweed jacket ?

Oh and some extra space to brew the RA's ? ;-D

regards

jtfb
      Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Read a lot of brew books before I started this one was the one I used.
        19L recipes nice for corny kegs.
        100% recommend a read.

I have just done another using a bucket sparging method - thats come good.

Old Speckled hen on P174 works well. Not sure it's identical, but its a cracking pint!
        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
          Read a lot of brew books before I started this one was the one I used.
          19L recipes nice for corny kegs.
          100% recommend a read.

I have just done another using a bucket sparging method - thats come good.

Old Speckled hen on P174 works well. Not sure it's identical, but its a cracking pint!
          Thats what Rich has chosen as his first pint, although I think he is swithering between that recipe and another version...

Oh well to be empirical he'll need to make both.
          Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
          Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
          -Police Squad

Comment

Nope.. An Old Peculiar will be the first brew, found a few different recipes, so a few bits to tinker with I think. I've spent a while playing with beersmith to see what comes up.

Old Speckled Hen will be the second brew.

Comment

Fantastic book. Great recipes. For british beers it's the only book you need to buy imho.

I'm still struggling to find an equivilent for contintental beers though.

Comment

Originally posted by Delmonteman View Post
                Fantastic book. Great recipes. For british beers it's the only book you need to buy imho.
                I'll second that....
                Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Working...
                X