Beer Fridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer Fridge

Built this over the last week, Temp controlled beer fridge (well, wired up the control box to sockets). Handy for the frozen north temps we seem to get up here, and I intend to do some lager in the next month or so.

Temp control box bought from Ebay, you set the temp you desire, then the box controls a heating element and a cooling element to get it to where you want it. After I'd taped the probe to the side of the bucket it seemed a lot more stable. The cooler side is just straight into the fridge plug, I haven't messed with the fridge thermostat. No need as it'll go to -2c on it's coldest setting. Then I've got a 30cm tube heater (45w) in the very base of the fridge.

Put all the gubins in a wooden box for the mo, will be making it into a posh plastic project box with nice connectors in the near future.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rich; 07-12-2010, 11:21 PM.

looking good

will this be a fermentation/storage temp control area only, or will you set it up to serve beer from there too?

looks great
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

You need to try and get me one of those wooden boxes!

Looks cracking btw.
      Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
      Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
      -Police Squad

Comment

I am not sure about the chiliean infulence here - I think you might have been better served by a wine box from a more temperate climate?

Nice one.
        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Working...
        X