Enolmatic Beer bottling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enolmatic Beer bottling

I have a brew on at the moment and I plan to bottle with new toy.

Advise please.

1. Priming sugar, before or after bottling?
    2. Rack it first or bottle from primary?
    3. Chill first or room temp? [Seems to cut down foaming]

Normally I rest (chilled to 4c) for a couple of week in the primary and then bottle from there ... does this still work?
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

I would prime the bottles beforehand, but won't the vacuum pull the CO2 out of suspension?
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

I bottled 4.5 gals of cascade 2 weeks ago using the enolmatic. Alhtough it's not quite crystal clear in the bottle yet (whenever I make this recipe I get a chill haze) it is rapidly disappearing and has just the right amount of fizz for my tastes.

I rack from primary to get it off the trub then leave for a couple of days in the secondary. Add your priming sugar dissolved in .5 a pint of hot water and add to the 2ndary when ready to bottle. from 4.5 gals I got 40 bottles and about 100ml of froth in the collection vessel. I use 100g of priming sugar for the cascade. For the fullers porter I bottled this week I used 50g cos I don't like fizzy porter. I bottle at room temp (which in the utility room is about 15C cos I am too tight to heat it)

All the above assumes you want to prime in the bottles. if you were bottling an already carnbonated beer then I can only advise you get it as cold as possible before trying or you may have an enolmatic volcano.

Hope this helps

Mark

http://markblades.com
      Bebere cerevisiae immodoratio
      These days I'm drinking in Charcot's Joint.

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
        I would prime the bottles beforehand
        I like the accuracy of this method.

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
        .. but won't the vacuum pull the CO2 out of suspension?
        Hmm. Will the primary CO2 not be gone by bottling time and the secondary produce the fizz ?
        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Working...
        X