Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spray malt

Help, I need some advice on spray malt.

I cannot decide between dark and extra dark I wondered if anybody had used either of these products and can advise.

One 500 g pouch will last me aaaaaaaaaages so I didn't really want to buy both
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Would you get the same result using more dark, or less of the extra dark?

I don't know if the colour is the difference or whether its the flavour as well.....
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
      Help, I need some advice on spray malt.

I cannot decide between dark and extra dark I wondered if anybody had used either of these products and can advise.

One 500 g pouch will last me aaaaaaaaaages so I didn't really want to buy both
      What are you using it for? I think there is some difference in the flavour but not much... I have quite a lot of the dark and it's certainly different to light, not just colour...

Comment

If you recipe calls for Extra dark use extra dark. You can not substitute a lighter malt for a darker malt and get the desired result. Be that flavor or color.
        http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

Originally posted by Delmonteman View Post
          What are you using it for?
          Its time to 'fes up. I have a wholemeal bread recipe which brill. It has been improved by medium malt. I was thinking about using a darker malt to get a richer flavour. But I only used 20g.
          Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
            Its time to 'fes up. I have a wholemeal bread recipe which brill. It has been improved by medium malt. I was thinking about using a darker malt to get a richer flavour. But I only used 20g.
            Doubt it will make that much difference then at that quantity so I'd go for the extra dark...

Comment

get the hopped spraymalt....that may make a difference!!!!
              N.G.W.B.J.
              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Extra dark - good point.

Hopped spraymalt! I feel a recipe coming on for Beer bread !!

Comment

Working...
                X