Bottles needed!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottles needed!!

Hi all, I have a 40 bottle kit of milestone brewery Donner & Blitzed Xmas beer fermenting away in the bucket right now. All looking good, but according to instructions this needs bottling after 4-6 days, when the yeast head has gone and the sg is 1009, and this should be in the next day or two. Now I have 6 pint bottles, so desperately need another 34!!
    Any suggestions ? May knock on my local village pub and see if they will give any up, but feel they may see it as loss of business if I'm brewing my own and not be best pleased!
    Am in Bedford, UK
    Regards
    Matt

I got all mine from a pub, they are generally okay for getting rid of the empties. Mind you I was going down every couple hours and made it easy for them (gave them a box and just told them to put all bottles in there, I would sort out which ones were good.)

Shame you're not in Aberdeen. I've got a crate and some bottles that need to go.
    Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
    Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
    -Police Squad

Comment

The pub may well be glad you save them the trip to the recycle, but i am sure they would be glad to let you have their empties in any case (they cant put you against the wall and shoot you for asking can they?)

all you have to do is ask

regards
      Bob
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Originally posted by koomber View Post
        Shame you're not in Aberdeen. I've got a crate and some bottles that need to go.
        Swap you for a half corny of beer? (contents anyway..)

Comment

Originally posted by koomber View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
            Sounds good. God willing I'll have something to put in my cornies this week!
            Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
            Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
            -Police Squad

Comment

Working...
            X