Woodforde Sundew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodforde Sundew

A quick review of the new Sundew kit: delightful, light, refreshing with a little bite. Perfect for the sunny weekend we just had (remember it chaps - it may be our last). Oddly, no head at all - I mean none whatsoever. I tried pouring badly and the tiny amount of surface bubbles disappeared before I'd handed it to the recipient. I had primed with 1/4 tsp sugar/500ml and the brew is pleasantly effervescent. Please note Mr Woodforde, I LOVE my beer like this, please don't go putting seaweed in it or whatever. But just a note to the beard-and-sandal brigade.

A really worthy successor to Great Eastern and although we loved that summer pint, I think this may be better.

Note 550g plain sugar added to get OG up to 1.046/23L
    Now bottling 20DJs of 2013 red and making room to rack 5 carboys of 2014 red to the DJs where they can wait for another winter.
    Thank goodness for eBay! (local cache of DJs)

Thanks for the review. Have Munton's discontinued Great Eastern?
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

They have indeed.
      Discount Home Brew Supplies
      Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
      Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
      National Wine Judge
      N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Thanks for the inspiration. After much time not doing beers I think I’ll give this a go in a keg. ( I got nice results useing light spray malt in the keg with Great Eastern so I'll be doing the same. Gave a lager type head didn't last to the bottom of the glass)
        Life would be better if I could brew it as fast as we drink it!

Comment

Working...
        X