Recommend me a kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me a kit

Righty, I've got the Norfolk Nog kit at home which I'll start this weekend but as its seemingly fairly quick to get into bottles I thought it would be a waste to leave the fermenting bin empty

so what other ones do people like? Is there a better maker than another?

I'm also thinking of lager - any recommendations here too?

My recommendation would be to try as many as possible, you'll soon work out which ones you like best, its all down to your own taste, what you like the taste of someone else could find revolting.

Fermenting shows no mercy to the beginner

Comment

but I don't like beer

in fact, I'll go so far as to say its f***ing horrid

its for my mates and other half (who in the time I've known him has never disliked a beer )

or a lager, I could drink a lager

I know its just try everything but I wondered if there was any people particularly were impressed with

Comment

Prefer bitter myself, lager is ok but i find a little boring.

Fermenting shows no mercy to the beginner

Comment

the brewmart dutch lager is really nice
          N.G.W.B.J.
          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

For a good, easy to drink lager, I would recommend the Coopers Lager, or Coopers Bavarian Lager. Always good kits from this Australian Brewery.
            For a full malt kit the Sherwoods Bavarian Lager seems a good one too.
            I can't drink the stuff myself as I'm allergic to lager - fortunately all ales are fine!
            But as Axl says try different ones and if they're not to your taste I'm sure you'll get help finishing them off.
            www.brewgenie.com

Comment

I made a coopers lager

it was very drinkeable

be better with 5% off though!
              N.G.W.B.J.
              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

You might also try a wheat ale fermented in similar fashion to a lager....nice and cool. Many people I know who don't like beer drink my wheaties like there's no tomorrow!

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956
                  I made a coopers lager

be better with 5% off though!
                  All you need do is add sugar. Increase your opening gravity to 1.070 and you will be close to 8%.

Pat

Comment

Brewferm Pils, Brewferm Gold (Premium Lager), and Coopers Pilsner all make good lagers if you use Muntons beer kit enhancer instead of sugar but with all lager kits, time is the key. I make my Christmas lager in late August, it takes ages to develop a true lager taste much less time than that and it tastes pretty naff.
                    sigpic

Comment

i like muntons gold - all of this range is nice

i'm particularly fond of the pale ale.

Geordie : refers to a person originating from Tyneside and the former coal mining areas of northern County Durham or the dialect spoken by such people. There are a number of rival theories to explain how the term came about, though all accept that it derives from a familiar diminutive form of the name "George".

Comment

Working...
                      X