Cornelius Keg System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cornelius Keg System

Has anyone used this setup to dispense beer on Draught - is it any good??

Yep both bob and I use these kegs, mine is pressured by a 7lb co2 bottle and kept outside to keep cold. Beer/lager needs to be clear before tranfering as these dispense from the bottom of the tank, Had no problems with mine a little pricey but saves bottling.
    Discount Home Brew Supplies
    Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
    Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
    National Wine Judge
    N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Cool

I was wondering if it would be possible to grab hold of a second hand fridge and mount taps on the side by drilling holes through the side of the fridge (obvioulsy sealed to keep in the cold though). what do you reckon? would it work?

Comment

It certainly would, Bob has a simular set up with pipes feeding the co2 from out side the fridge. Oh and before you go spending silly money on regulators and co2 pipe pm me first as iv'e loads of second hand kit for free.
        National Wine Judge
        N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Originally posted by kerosine View Post
          Cool

I was wondering if it would be possible to grab hold of a second hand fridge and mount taps on the side by drilling holes through the side of the fridge (obvioulsy sealed to keep in the cold though). what do you reckon? would it work?

eBay user http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/normannumpa/

is a good source for the kegs themselves, I have purchased from him, he is a good guy, he isnt selling any right now, but he does regularly.

Hopandgrape sell them too, (slightly more expensive)
          N.G.W.B.J.
          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Thanks lads again, i'll give you a shout when I'm ready to put it together (prob around Feb)

I'll have to convinve the wife that I need to spend th money on yet more kit

and really appreciate the offer of some free stuff too Karl

thanks

Russell

Comment

So lads just so as I know

What exactly is required in kit
              1. a fridge large enough to huse the keg
              2. Some sort of tap and connectors to the keg
              3. CO2 or Nitro for stouts

Or hav I just simplyfied it too much?

Comment

Originally posted by kerosine View Post
                So lads just so as I know

What exactly is required in kit
                1. a fridge large enough to house the keg
                Yes
                Originally posted by Russell
                2. Some sort of tap and connectors to the keg
                Normannumpa on EBay sells them fro between £30 and £45 including the john guest fittings, taps are expensive, unless you go for the bog standard type

Originally posted by Russell
                3. CO2 or Nitro for stouts
                Thats about the strength of it, getting a CO2 bottle and then having it refilled is the tricky bit, but these people do them..
                At Gas UK we supply high quality Gas Cylinders & Bottles to customers across the country. View our range of Gas, Oxygen & Propane Gas Cylinders online today

I am over that way occasionally, so next time I'm there i will find out about them, I used to rent a cylinder from Air Products but they went up to £82 per year for rental so i told them to get stuffed (robbing gits!)

Beer-gas also do cylinders, deposit (returnable) of £75 reqd at the start contact them on 08456349007

hope this helps
                regards
                Bob

p.s. Karl has some pipework etc, and I have some bits and bobs if you need anything give us a shout...
                Last edited by lockwood1956; 30-12-2007, 05:51 PM.
                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

that's brilliant thanks Bob

I really appreciate this

Ta

Russell

Comment

kerosine,

search google images for "kegerator", or if you cant be arsed click http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=...=1&sa=N&tab=wi

There are some good setups out there for ideas... I had a mate who instead of fitting the whole keg inside the fridge (was too small) he used a long run of nylon pipe from the keg and wrapped it around the evaporator inside many times. The beer in the keg was at room temp, but as you drew a pint it was chilled on demand... Worked quite well! I can do you a couple sketches if you like...

Comment

Thanks for that Bugle - I went a little further and found this pdf which gives instructions on how to do it.

It comes from an amercian site so it would be useful as an idea to get started. I don't know if they ship to the uk as the prices for the gear look quite reasonable. No doubt you would get hammered with import duty which is usually the case whenever I order anything from the USA.

Thanks for the steer

Comment

Yeah I know! I know of a few people who have got away with it buying stuff of american ebay, by getting the seller to put a thank you card with it saying its a gift, or something "it was fun having you visit, but you forgot this".

Dont think you'd convince a shop though... so it would have VAT charged

Comment

If your thinking of a coil chilled system Russ, then I think you aught to visit Yorkshire before you go too far, I have a works unit full of this style of thing including speed fittings etc etc, even small style chillers you could adapt.
                          National Wine Judge
                          N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Check this dude out!

Looks like he is importing from USA

Karl - I won't be impulsive I will more than likely go for a fridge system as I can also stick my wine in to chill oh and some baileys for the wife

Comment

Thats the guy I bought my first Corny kegs from, he is a nice guy, shipping though takes around three weeks (not his fault, they sit at customs for 2 weeks) and there is import duty to pay when the parcels arrive, as well as V.A.T. and its a killer, It's cheaper to get the stuff here..

regards
                              bob
                              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Working...
                              X