Co2 gas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co2 gas.

Ive made a beer kit and put it in a plastic keg barrel and primed it with sugar. im just wondering if i need to use co2 gas aswell and if so why?. or will it be ok without using it. ive only got one of them sodastream thingys to inject the gas with and cannot get any refill gas for it.

Most home brew stores carry refill cylinders. If you have no store locally, try mail order from www.brewgenie.co.uk

But you should be able to prime your brew just using sugar, as long as your barrel doesnt leak

Hope this helps
    Bob
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Ha, funny you say LEAK!, it was doing just that all last night in the airing cupboard, ive lost a couple of pints and my misses wasnt to happy aswell (soggy towels). ive now transffered it into another keg to see if the same happens well im in work god im hoping it dosnt. i need the old soda stream gas if i need any at all.

Comment

Bugger!

I meant leaking air though, but leaking beer is also bad.....
        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Very bad, i went to work stinking like i had a drinking problem.the keg was leaking all over my uniform. i just hope the other keg is ok. thats in the same place on its own for 8 hours.

Comment

As long as you aren't a bus driver then the aroma should be socially acceptable.

If yuo can stretch to it I would recommend cornelius kegs - they are brilliant!

Comment

Originally posted by kerosine View Post
              As long as you aren't a bus driver then the aroma should be socially acceptable.

...or a pilot.

Hmm... or a brain surgeon.
              Steve

Comment

Originally posted by kerosine View Post
                too funny
                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by starsky007 View Post
                  Very bad, i went to work stinking like i had a drinking problem.the keg was leaking all over my uniform. i just hope the other keg is ok. thats in the same place on its own for 8 hours.

007 - I was hoping that you would put it in a large laundry sink wrapped in a towel until you could address repairing the problem. Cheers - hope all is calmed down both temperamental and leakage by the time you get home. Cheers Daw

Comment

Home yet?

Did the new barrel leak?

Are you now know as the booze smelling tramp?

Or is everyone at work jealous, and wanting to try it? (not smelling of booze that is)

Rich

Comment

Thanks for the support, i made it through the day and kept my job and got home to find my beer nicely sealed in the other keg. thank you god, life is great once again.

Comment

Wahoo,

Spilt beer is never good. (especially all over her towels etc!)

Comment

I have a problem on the same thread - I have two beer kegs - one has a leak the other doesn't. Problem is, I can't remember which one leaks and the only way to find out is to fill them up and pressurise!!! (it only leaked when under pressure) Any tips?
                          www.honeyjukes.co.uk

Comment

Smear a little vaseline on the threads of the screw top, and on the rubber seal, and dont over tighten it
                            hope this helps

regards
                            Bob
                            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Working...
                            X