Beer Kits and Syphoning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer Kits and Syphoning

Is there a special syphon tube for beer cos when I stick mine in the bucket it flys everywhere

also, does a beer kit leave sediment? do I have to be careful when bottling?

Aqua,

No special syphon tube needed, but ends can vary in style, and yes beer will leave a sediment, beer finnings are available. The kit will give instructions on bottling, most of the time you would need to prime the bottles with sugar.

Fermenting shows no mercy to the beginner

Comment

Oh and you can get clips that hold your tube to the side of the bucket while syphoning.

Comment

a clip is clearly what I need or this is going to be a 2 man job

Comment

Aqua,

When syphoning the beer, start the tube at the top and follow the level down as it drops, this way you are staying clear of the sediment until you get right to the bottom of the barrel/bin.

Comment

is it worth syphoning off the last bit into a DJ or something to make sure I dont' stick sediment straight into a bottle?

Comment

If you use a proper syphon kit (not expensive) you can take the beer, or wine, from just above the sediment leaving most of it behind.
              Remember you will always have a bit of sediment in your bottle as this is from the yeast essential for conditioning through the secondary fermentation. (You've seen the bottled conditioned beers in the supermarkets with their bit of sediment at the bottom).
              www.brewgenie.com

Comment

You will wish to rack the beer off the sediment before you bottle it.

Comment

Working...
                X