How to chill enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to chill enough

Hey, I made 40 pints of Canadian Blonde and popped it into a pressure barrel with the extra sugar and needed it to go somewhere cold for a week..
    How on earth in this warm weather can i manage that?
    Please take into account that i find it hard to carry that amount
    Anyway it has never really cleared down, still drinking it and telling peeps its meant to be cloudy..lol

Nia xx
    Everybody should believe in something; I believe i'll have another drink!

a low tech solution that i saw elsewhere was to cover the container in wet towels. Evaporation from the towel(s) will cool the container and contents. You'll need to keep dampening the towel as it dries of course, and i have no idea what intervals you can expect to do this. You could speed up the cooling by training a fan on the wet towel(s) too.
    To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
    A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

Unless you have a cellar that can be one of the down sides to kegs, they are difficult to chill, but dont panic about it being cold for conditioning, it will still condition and clear at room temps, it just may take a little longer.
      Then when serving pour into ice cold glasses brought from the freezer, just like in Spain
      Discount Home Brew Supplies
      Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
      Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
      National Wine Judge
      N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

or if you have a larger container (like an old bath) fill it with water then place the barrel in the water

Comment

Working...
        X