medpretzels ginger Ale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• medpretzels ginger Ale

Hi, Thought I'd give your recipe a whizz (see tutorials section).

Even though you can look at the shelves in any supermarket and find various brands of ginger ale, making your own creates an entirely different (and remarkably better) taste. Here's how to make a 2L bottle of fresh ginger ale straight from the ginger. It's also a great way to spend time with your children, teaching them the

Modified slightly with lalvin k1 yeast instead of bakers but what a fantastic and quick recipe. 2.5 days from start to finish. Kids enjoyed it too (After straining out the ginger)!

I am going to do another with a habaneros chilli in it to see if it adds a bit more of a kick.

Thanks

Mark
    Last edited by lockwood1956; 16-06-2010, 08:26 AM. Reason: Added link to tutorial :)

http://markblades.com
    Bebere cerevisiae immodoratio
    These days I'm drinking in Charcot's Joint.

Good for you. It's great to get the kids involved. That's why we're thinking of doing a "rootbeer" and/or "ginger beer" class for the next VWC Comp (i.e. under 18's). We're going to be working on a recipe that is kid-proof, so that no one even has the slightest chance of getting exploding bottles.

M.
    Virtual Wine Circle & Competition Co-Founder
    Twitter: VirtualWineO
    Facebook: Virtual Wine Circle

Comment

Working...
    X