No announcement yet.

Lidl pasteuriser as a wort boiler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry but you can spend hours cutting slots in pipes or drilling them OR buy some stainless braided hose. turn one end over clamp with pliers stick in hole of tap. job done. you do have to remove rubber inner mine is brake hose. and yes i will do tut if i can get my camera to work. use in both mash tun and boiler
    http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
    http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by kampervan View Post
      sorry but you can spend hours cutting slots in pipes or drilling them OR buy some stainless braided hose. turn one end over clamp with pliers stick in hole of tap. job done. you do have to remove rubber inner mine is brake hose. and yes i will do tut if i can get my camera to work. use in both mash tun and boiler
      I couldn't agree more. Stainless braid is the way forward. At most you have to cut one end. I have replaced the manifold in my mash tun with a braided hose, and I would use it in my boiler but it would be redundant.

I think a video would be top notch. A lot of people are scared of making beer by the prospect of having to make/buy the equipment. A Video showing folk how easy it is to make a braided hose filter would be invaluable.
      Last edited by koomber; 10-02-2011, 11:17 PM. Reason: I can't add more rep to you Kamper!
      Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
      Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
      -Police Squad

Comment

KV, don't be sorry, There are many ways to skin a cat

I found my braided hose blocked up too much, but the drilled holes do leave a lot of yak in the primary. Only made one brew so far with the new pictured hop strainer, it did drain quick though!

The difference's in peoples kit is part of what makes this hobby so interesting. Building your own and sharing your experiences is all part of the fun.

Comment

that exactly it rich its fun to do. i am an obsessive learner i read a lot, not always the right stuff but you learn. i use lidl boiler £30 for hlt made my own boiler £30 mash tun was £20 (cool box and tap)the rest of the stuff needed i had. worked out where to buy hops for £1.99 and 25kg grain for £24 ( then won 25kg at raffle). so can be done on cheap but then theres 4 cornies, gas, taps etc etc
          http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
          http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

Then working out where to put you cornies so you can put some proper taps on?
            I'm coming up against some resistance on that

And, back to CR's earlier post, Graham Wheelers book is a dam good read! Brewed the old speckled hen, hop back summer lightning and Directors so far.. along with a Cala D ipa recipe.

Now doing a couple of 1 gallon trial recipes (brew in a bag on the stove top, more info to come later when it's been tested/proven)
            Last edited by Rich; 10-02-2011, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mcblades View Post
              It will be ordered as soon as I can track down a retailer with it in stock.
              I can't believe its that price - jeez!!

The cover price is 14.99 !!!! What is going on?

Edit: Its bonkers on ebay tooo !!
              Last edited by Cellar_Rat; 11-02-2011, 09:24 AM.
              Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

I thought it seemed a bit steep also.

Shall keep looking

cheers

MArk

http://markblades.com
                Bebere cerevisiae immodoratio
                These days I'm drinking in Charcot's Joint.

Comment

Just ordered from the CAMRA shop. £16.99 inc postage.

Bit cheaper than scamazon!

cheers

Mark

ps
                  First brew will be the cascade ale but the cascade hops I've got are about 5.5%AA rather than the 7% in the recipe. Should I increase the amount added to the boil by the approipriate proportion?

http://markblades.com
                  Bebere cerevisiae immodoratio
                  These days I'm drinking in Charcot's Joint.

Comment

Think you must have got the last one!
                    -Police Squad

Comment

Perhaps we are experiencing a 'supply and demand' issue. Me thinks this hobby is spreading!
                      Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

I think I'll have to post DaveH a Counterflow! He sent me a copy for free after GF last year!
                        -Police Squad

Comment

Originally posted by koomber View Post
                          I think I'll have to post DaveH a Counterflow! He sent me a copy for free after GF last year!
                          "There are 10 types of people who understand Binary; those that do and those that don't.........."

Comment

Working...
                          X