Corny kegs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corny kegs

Quite fancy picking one of these up for my storing and serving my beer kits.
    I've seen a few decently priced examples on ebay at around the £50 mark. I've also saw suppliers wanting about £100 for them.

Can anyone give me some pointers as to what I should look for when choosing one? Is it worth going for the cheaper one's? And what if anything would I be getting for the deasrer ones?

Norman on ebay quite often does 'deals' of 2 dented kegs for a bargain price. They come serviced (new O rings and cleaned)

Looking for in them.. Dented ones are fine if you are on a budget or can't see them.

Make sure you can get the co2 or mixed gas to run the keg before you get them. They also breed like rabbits and need to be kept under control.

Comment

Cheers...I had saw that blue topped one as it happens..
      also saw this one (now ended but he has another listing)

As for C02...would a soda stream gas bottle do? or is this a good option?

Thanks for the tips
      Last edited by Rich; 27-09-2011, 07:17 AM. Reason: Removed non working quote

Comment

Colchester Home Brew sell them for £55 + delivery.

Spend £75 and the delivery is free

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
          -----%<-----

Make sure you can get the co2 or mixed gas to run the keg before you get them. They also breed like rabbits and need to be kept under control.
          Ok, that's always made me wonder. Just like when I've heard people referring to "disconnects" and things like that.

So what, exactly, is needed, other than (logically) the keg. I mean, plug in things, pipe "things", gas "things", etc etc....

Plus, is there a "thing" shop or is it a case of digging around ebay for these extra bits etc ?

regards

jtfb

p.s. and yes, if I'd thought about it, I'd have asked Bob to give me a guided tour of corny kegs at grapefest...... I was just too hypnotised by all things grape (now it's got me dreaming on carbonated sweet meads.....on tap )
          Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

cornie keg + 2 disconnects one in one out+ 3/8 beer/gas pipe+ gas regulator+ gas bottle+ beer tap. I have 2 setups one full pub co2 bottle with twin regulator and pub taps. also havea small tyre infalator type gas which uses 16oz cartridges and a party tap. you can also get an adaptor for sodastream bottles.
            http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
            http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

And

Explains it in a more complex way..

Comment

Originally posted by fatbloke View Post
                So what, exactly, is needed, ..
                There are several ways of setting it up

BIG gas cylinder and a remote tap...
                Gas cylinder> reg > tubing > connector > Corny > connector > same tubing > Tap > glass

Single cyclinder (easiest setup)
                16gm gas > connector > Corny > Tap on top > glass

Norman is the man to deal with - sensible money also a great help when it doesn't work or make sense!
                They do breed like rabbits, unbleiveable but true and second hand ones off ebay can come with issues, which are not always easily sorted (been there)

Disconnects or connectors are the same thing - grey or black - these are bit that attaches directly to the corny. Gas and Liquid connectors ARE DIFFERENT.

BIG NOTE DISCONNECTS COME IN TWO TYPES - BAYONET OR PUSH ON (BALL CATCH) - PICK ONE AND STICK TO IT. ALWAYS CHECK WITH SELLER WHICH THEY HAVE. I USE BALL TYPE (IMO much better)
                Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

I need to dig out the ebay address of the crowd in Germany I get my kegs from. They are pretty cheap if you order a few for them (it's the shipping, but it isn't too bad for hsipping 4 as opposed to 1 keg). Works out at less than £30 per keg.

They also do the little 2.5 US Gallon kegs for a similar price to the full size ones. Normally the cost a fortune over here.
                  Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
                  Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
                  -Police Squad

Comment

This one..

That's where my half keg came from too.. Along with some of my others.

Comment

Working...
                    X