Am I better than Wolf Blass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I better than Wolf Blass?

A few nights ago I had a bottle of Wolf Blass yellow label Cab Sauv. I quite like the Wolf Blass wines but this one was a bit lacking. Last night I had a bottle of Montepulciano/Luna Rossa blend and it was cracking stuff. Ok, it was different grapes 'n' stuff but I am sure that if both wines had been entered into a comp mine would have been higher placed.
    National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

kits

I am finding that I prefer the higher end kits over the wine from the L.C.B. A friend of mine came up from the lower mainland this weekend and brought some wine so were did a compareison. Un prejidoused as I did my own judging of course. But there was a Califonia red Zinfandel and I had an old Vine red zinfandel that is about 7 months old and we both prefered mine we both thought it was more flavorful and the tannins were smoother.Of course the tasting got more precise as the evening progress and we tested a couple other of my wines I think we did forget to spit though,Yea my head is a little fuzzy this morning.
    http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

You can often find that your wines hold up very well against standard supermarket wines, these top end kits (IMHO) are as good if not a lot better than your average £5-6 supermarket bottle

and now your technique is refined Richard, I'm sure yes, that you are as good as wolf blass

regards
      Bob
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
        these top end kits (IMHO) are as good if not a lot better than your average £5-6 supermarket bottle
        The main ingrediant of the blend was the 2nd run Monte from Sept but I do agree about the quality of the higher end kits, fab stuff!

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Comment

these top end kits (IMHO) are as good if not a lot better than your average £5-6 supermarket bottle
          I agree totaly chaps and I'm hoping to prove just that with the wine whist at June's circle meeting.
          Discount Home Brew Supplies
          Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
          Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
          National Wine Judge
          N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

and now your technique is refined Richard, I'm sure yes, that you are as good as wolf blass
            Can I have my light sabre now please?

Comment

Working...
            X