Grapes - possible freebie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progress report:

I racked and degassed this stuff and let it clear by itself, bottling last week.

I seem to have done something right. The result is a dark Rosé, similar in style to the Merlot/Cab Sauv Rosés which seem to be appearing in the supermarkets, but more acidic.

I like it - Rich should be getting a bottle on Sunday so we'll get a second opinion at some point.

Let's hope I can get some more grapes this year.
    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Originally posted by goldseal View Post
      Rich should be getting a bottle on Sunday so we'll get a second opinion at some point.
      Yippee

Comment

How did this turn out then Goldseal/Rich? We've got an old unknown grapevine at the cottage we rent, when we viewed the place last year there was around a dozen or so good-sized bunches of red grapes on it, can't wait for it to fruit this year and make something from it. With the amount of flowers on it at the moment its definitely looking promising.

Comment

I haven't actually opened a bottle yet - I forgot about it!

If you get a dozen bunches this year you'll need to supplement it with some concentrate I think, but do what I did and make it up as you go along Rich and I did the same a few days ago with a gallon of Mango surprise (Billberries and red grape concentrate, no mangoes) - looks and smells promising.
          Pete the Instructor

Comment

Thats what i was thinking of doing. You'll have to crack open a bottle and let us know what its like.

Comment

One going in the fridge now ...
              Pete the Instructor

Comment

Comment

Very nice drink

A dark, slightly tannic rosé, plenty of flavour. Best served chilled, not cold.

Not bad for a freebie.
                  Pete the Instructor

Comment

Sounds like a nice result

Comment

Working...
                    X