Wine Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine Press

I hope I am not breaking any rules here, but anyone know where I can get (pref hydraulic) a BIG wine press (pref hydraulic) please? .

Please don't say brewland!!

Cheers
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Someone will be along in a minute to answer that, Cellar Rat, but in the meantime let me welcome you to the forum and assure you that you are breaking no rules.
    Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
      Well Brian...... as you know Mr Howgego gets them....

however...I'm going to Brouwland in May...and if you would like to tag along, that would be fine, will give us the chance to jaw jaw jaw about grapes this year.

regards
      Bob
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Brouwland in May - sounds good and I will probabaly tag along if I may.

However I have to look secondhand - even Brouwland are too rich for my blood, given the beast I am after.
        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

2nd hand that size is difficult to source......
          N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
            I hope I am not breaking any rules here, but anyone know where I can get (pref hydraulic) a BIG wine press (pref hydraulic) please? .

Cheers
            If you're up to making some sort of apparatus to actually contain grapes or other fruit, you can often find small 6 to 10 tonne (pressure) hydraulic presses on ebay for less than a wunner!

I'm intending to do that but get some pressing cloths from Vigo to wrap apple pulp in. I'll be making up a few boards to seperate "packs" of pulp so the only issue with be some sort of tray to sit under the press and direct the juice into the bucket/container.

The presses I've seen on ebay are all new (and hence, uncontaminated), plus I've seen examples of presses being used in such a way on the UKCider wiki/site (though in truth the last one I saw being used there was one that would normally be used for pressing commercial and fork lift tyres off the rims - and it's towed behind a van - and the luxury of a powered hydraulic pump rather than a hand cranked hydraulic pump).

Dunno if that suggestion is of any use!

regards

JtFB
            Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Good idea. I like the idea of hydraulic/electric.

I have got some plans for and have built a wooden cider press 'cheese' style pressing [as against basket].

Have considered adding a electric ram to my basket press.

Hmm lots of ideas now.

Comment

I have a 40 litre bladder press which is just the dogs doodahs
                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

I like these. Which one have you got ?

Have considered these, but isn't it very dependant on your tap water pressure? We only have 3 bar and so I can't see it working for me.

Brian

Comment

3 bar should be fine

I have the Speidel 40 litre one....its fab
                    N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                      3 bar should be fine

I have the Speidel 40 litre one....its fab
                      But how much did it set you back Bob ?

I understand that they're not cheap!

regards

JtFB
                      Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Originally posted by fatbloke View Post
                        If you're up to making some sort of apparatus to actually contain grapes or other fruit, you can often find small 6 to 10 tonne (pressure) hydraulic presses on ebay for less than a wunner!

I'm intending to do that but get some pressing cloths from Vigo to wrap apple pulp in. I'll be making up a few boards to seperate "packs" of pulp so the only issue with be some sort of tray to sit under the press and direct the juice into the bucket/container.
                        !

regards

JtFB
                        I think I know the sort of press you are making - is it the cider "cheese" press - if so these http://www.harrodhorticultural.com/p...bs/GWT-004.jpg would make an excellant jooos catcher. I have some - very strong plastic. Availae at garden centres.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by fatbloke View Post
                          But how much did it set you back Bob ?

I understand that they're not cheap!

regards

JtFB

£500

but I sold some of my old recording equipment to fund it, so it didn't "hurt" so much
                          N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Working...
                          X