• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine Analysis and Testing

Anyone used one of these?

I want one.

Any experience?

k

now thats a new toy I could buy, quick question how much is it??
    Wine from grapes is alright, but nothing beats the proper stuff to make wine with.

Comment

ooooooooo want one. I will find out how much. But I do hope this is better that the richies kit - I have struggled with that in Red wines and ths fact this is pictured with white white scares me.
      Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

544 Euros plus the 50 Euros a kit for the specific test that you're after.

Comment

Originally posted by kessler View Post
          http://www.brouwland.com/setframes/?...%3D24&shwlnk=0

544 Euros plus the 50 Euros a kit for the specific test that you're after.
          Well spotted. I was gonna suggest Brouwland as a place to look, given that they seem to sell a fair amount of Ebsloh stuff......

Ha ha! just under €600 - a bargain - NOT!

regards

jtfb
          Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

bugger, the jar of coppers is not that full yet , i will have to wait till friday when i win the euro millons lotto, i wonder when i buy the chateu it comes with one attached to the vinyard??
            Wine from grapes is alright, but nothing beats the proper stuff to make wine with.

Comment

Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
              But I do hope this is better that the richies- I have struggled with that in Red wines
              Dilute witrh distilled water till the red wine is a watery pink....

this will help you see the colour change better, and it will take the same amount of additive to neutralise the acid present, the distilled water makes no difference to the accuracy of the test

regards
              Bob
              N.G.W.B.J.
              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                Dilute witrh distilled water till the red wine is a watery pink....

this will help you see the colour change better, and it will take the same amount of additive to neutralise the acid present, the distilled water makes no difference to the accuracy of the test
                Thats just saves me 600 euros LOL - ta v much!
                Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
                  ...But I do hope this is better that the richies kit - I have struggled with that in Red wines and ths fact this is pictured with white white scares me.
                  You can also titrate with a pH meter, if you have one. It eliminates having to "see" the color change.
                  Steve

Comment

Hmm. titrate with a PH meter - thats a v good idea.

Thanks

Comment

Yup

see here

From Winemaker mag http://www.winemakermag.com Subscription is $45 per year (delivered) For UK An acid testing kit is one of most important items in your lab. Acids, as most people know, are chemicals which, in high concentrations, are caustic and damaging. Their chemical opposites are known as bases or alkalis (such as
                      N.G.W.B.J.
                      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Working...
                      X