Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Grapes for sale

FRESHLY PRESSED GRAPE MUST FOR SALE.

In quantities of 25 litres-- to-- 250 Litres of the following separate varieties.
    Madeleine Angevine
    Muller Thurgau
    or Seyval Blanc (when ripe!!)

Guide price £2-25 per Litre (Yours or our CONTAINERS ??)

Contact by email or Telephone 01722 716770 (with answerphone)

The Winery is situated 9 miles west of Salisbury SP3 5RG

see map on Website www.fonthillglebewines.co.uk

Regards John Edginton
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

How much !
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

is that £2 to £25 a litre or £2.25 a litre?
      With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

If anybody would like to work for some grapes . . .

We will be starting our harvest on Saturday 9th October, sugar levels are rising quite nicely and we expect to be 80 oe or more by then.

The vineyard is just after Grange Farm, Lower Burnham Road, Latchingdon, Chelmsford, Essex. CM3 6HF. We will start at 8am and finish at 4pm (this gives us enough time to run the grapes down to the winery in kent on the same day).

Gloves, secateurs, tea & biscuits provided . . . bring your own wellies & waterproofs.

The outlook at the moment is a dry weekend . . . Hooray!

Comment

I am working that weekend (Due to going on holiday the weekend after...)

Bummer
          N.G.W.B.J.
          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Would just like to say a special thanks to Dale & he's lovey Wife Vickey, also to
            Vickey's parents who baked a game pie and some cake and looked after us during the day with lots of tea and coffee as well

It was hard graft all day, but well worth the experience of all the hard work that goes into producing wine grapes for the UK market.

Sorry about the quality of the photos but by the end of the day my phone was covered in grape juice
            Attached Files
            Last edited by solly; 10-10-2010, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Those black grapes are just beautiful. What variety are they?
              Steve

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
                Those black grapes are just beautiful. What variety are they?
                Fairly sure that these were Pinot Noir, he has about four red varieties and maybe a couple of white varieties...........But Dale can tell you beter when he comes on.

Dale let me have 44 kgs of Chardonnay grapes of which I managed to press today and got about 4.5 gallons

Comment

I've just got back from the latest grape run down to Kent . . . Ahhh . . . need more sleep!

Thank you Solly for helping us. It was great to meet you, glad you had a nice time and you were a great help. We managed to pick 14 boxes in total on Saturday (3.5 tonnes), today we sent down 18 boxes (5 tonnes) so with everyones help we managed to make a big hole in our picking and must be half way through now.

The grapes are Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, all on various clones and rootstocks, selected for their Sparkling and Still Wine qualities . . . so it said on the tin!

Comment

Hi Clayhill,

Hope all is well? Just bumping this thread. Are you still growing grapes? If you are, and need a hand come harvest, do let me know - i live in London now so can easily - and quite willingly! - get over to Essex if another pair of hands are needed!

Cheers,

Owl.
                    A day without wine is a day without sunshine!

Comment

Working...
                    X