No announcement yet.

GrapeFest 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning! I'm leaving at about 9am, alone as my Pete's done his back in and is walking like a cripple, so I can't stop the night, but I hope to be with you by about 10.30 at the latest, so get that kettle on!

WHOO HOO
    HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

Progress Report!!

Am just tucking into my Olympic Breakfast at the Little Chef - am only about 10-15 miles away (it's the one just north of Doncaster just as the A1M becomes the A1 again)

Looking good for a 10 to 10.15am arrival!

Look out for a bluey-purple Vaux Meriva
      "There are 10 types of people who understand Binary; those that do and those that don't.........."

Comment

Darn! I logged on to the Yahoo Messenger cam a short while ago, only to find it idle. Guess I missed all the festivities.

Hope you all are having some great (and sticky) fun.
        Steve

Comment

your not the only one missing all the fun steve so am i, hopefully next year!!
          Wine from grapes is alright, but nothing beats the proper stuff to make wine with.

Comment

I likewise, have to issue the "maybe next year" promise.......

After 3 nights out this week and working about 65 of the last 96 hours, it would have been "pie in the sky" to have driven the couple of hundred miles back up north (I was getting tipped at 0100 on Friday morning just outside Ormskirk and headed back down at 0300 - damn those motorways are good roads.......... when they're empty........in the middle of the night).

so I'm just hoping for you all who managed to attend, that it went well, and you all had a good time.......

Ha! you're probably all burbling drunks doing unspeakable things to Bobs garden at the moment

regards

jtfb
            Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Hello, this is Martina, from Bobby's account... (shhh)

Well, it was a great time again this year! I was the video/camera girl for the day, and soon there will be a dvd in the making (let's hope). It was a great day, lots of great wines, people, and grapes!

The numbers were perfect on the grapes this year. The Cielugiolo (or however you spell it) were at 22 Brix and the Merlot was at 24 Brix. Acid on the Merlot was 3.4ish. Not sure on the Cielugiolo though.

2 tons of grapes were crushed and destemmed by 4 pm and we had a huge lunch break in between.

There were so many people here, but it was particuarly nice to see the forum's members there too. A special thanks to Cash, who travelled so far with his wife. Thank you to Joanna, Ian, Pete, Dave, Rich_S, RichyD, Duffbeer and of course to Bob for putting it all together for us. Malcom and his Mrs., the Heath's, Don Daddy, and others were also locals who dropped by and picked up their grapes.

If I've missed anyone, I am sorry, but since I was still getting over the shock of actually driving Bob's car to Morrison's and not crashing it.

A special thanks to Annemarie who really fed us well. She knew exactly what to put on the table and when. It was great, great, GREAT!

Next year, we hope to have even more people coming here, and if we can change anything to make it better for all, please let us know.

It is always a lift for me when we have a day with JUST winemaking talk. The great wines were a plus too!

So, keep your eyes out on this post for some pictures. I will try to get them out as soon as I get rid of my massive hangover.

Hope everyone got home okay, and that the cockadoodledoo's didn't wake you up too early this morning!

Thanks again!

M.
              N.G.W.B.J.
              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Some of the pics
                Attached Files
                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Sums it up

Here's a pic of RichyD's wine and Bobby's vines...
                  Attached Files
                  N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

back home safe. just need to sort grapes now
                    http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
                    http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

Home safe and sound!

Thanks to all - fantastic time!

Off for a lie down now !!!!!

Dave
                      "There are 10 types of people who understand Binary; those that do and those that don't.........."

Comment

more pics

Some more
                        Attached Files
                        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Got home around 1 this afternoon - was a great day Bob and a pleasure to met everyone, roll on Grapefest 2010

Might upload some pictures to facebook this afternnon or is it better to up them to the forum Bob? (problem is there are loads

Comment

Originally posted by solly View Post
                            Got home around 1 this afternoon - was a great day Bob and a pleasure to met everyone, roll on Grapefest 2010

Might upload some pictures to facebook this afternnon or is it better to up them to the forum Bob? (problem is there are loads
                            If you add them to Facebook, can you add me as a friend? I'm on there as Joanna Lush (surprise surprise!)

And yes, it was great meeting everyone, I can't wait now until next year!
                            HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

It was great to meet everyone yesterday.

I've been home for a couple of hours. The Merlot rosé is already underway, the big K1V starter is foaming away, and I'm waiting for the Ciliegiolo rosé to settle, so I can rack the clearer juice off the top and get that one underway.

The little car coped with all the fermenters which probably means I can get a couple of extra boxes next year

Thanks again to Bob and Martina for your hospitality and endless cups of tea, Karl for the fermenters, oak, and other kit, and Mrs. Karl for the excellent food
                              Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

2 Ciliegiolo rosé on go and 2 melot rose plus the rest fermenting, 4 lb blackberries picked, time to sit down and have a wine, I think. Thanks to Bob and Matina for putting up with us. was great fun and will do again.
                                http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
                                http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X