Accomodation for Grapefest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accomodation for Grapefest

You can of course, bring a sleeping bag and have some floor space. It might work pitching as tent behind the house...might be a tad lumpy!

Or these places do clean and tidy accomodation.

Wentvale Court, about a mile away
    Restored Victorian property now privately owned hotel,located in Knottingley between Pontefract and Castleford, West Yorkshire close to intersection of A1 and M62

Tower house Guest House , about 1.5 miles away
    Lorem Ipsum Our Spacious Rooms are Beautifully Decorated Down Book Now Welcome to Tower House Executive Guest House… Book Now As a result, we have changed many of our daily practices and services to minimize the risk of contracting and spreading the Coronavirus.Please visit our dedicated page for more information. We would ask all our […]

Quality Hotel selby (not actually in Selby) about 4 miles North, clean and tidy, has a swimming pool too
    wine making,winemaking,virtual, wine, circle, virtual wine, virtual wine circle,home winemaking,make wine at home,home made wine,homemade wine,winemaking blog,blog,wine blog,grape growing blog,winemaking forum,winemaking discussion forum,grape growing forum,wine kit,wine making,mead making,make mead,amateur,home made wine,wine,wine,winepress,wine press,press,wine-press,grape,grow grapes,fruit press,fermenting,fermentation,cork,trellis,trellising,home wine making,home made wine,homemade wine,vintner,wine press,homemade,fruit press,winepress,grape,vine,vineyard,growtube,grow tube,grow tubes,blue-x,trellis,trellissing,wine,cellar,bottle filler,wine making,winemaker,home made wine forum,homemade wine forum,vineyard Supply,Logic,airlock,air lock,primary fermenter,primary, secondary fermenter,bottle filler,winemaking dvd,Vineyard Sprayers,wine forum,Winemaking,Adsorption,Airlock,kit wines,mead,mead wines,making homemade wine,wine recipes,winemaking recipes,winemaking techniques,Alcohol,Alternative wine closures Home Wine Making & Grape Growing discussion forum. FREE membership, Live Cellar Web Cam, discounts to members from various suppliers and more. There are product reviews and plenty of recipes from fruit wines, grape wines, to kit wines. This site is to help others who want more information on making home made wine.

There are three travelinns
    http://www.premierinn.com/en/justBrowseSearch!execute.action?searchModel.map=fa lse&searchModel.searchTerm=Pontefract&CMP=KNC_Gb

Pontefract North is closest at around 1 mile
    Pontefract South is in fact Darrington (£10 taxi ride...its posh darrington)
    Castleford xscape site is about 5 miles or so...ask DaveH ...he walked it

main travelinn site...search for postcode WF11 0DL
    From booking to bed, we’re here to help you rest easy. Whether it’s our choice of rooms across 800+ hotels, beds you won’t want to leave, our super tasty food, flexible rates that have you covered whatever the weather or our friendly team members who genuinely care about you, these are just some of the reasons we’re one of the most-loved hotels in the UK and beyond

give me a shout if you want any more details.
    regards
    bob
    Last edited by lockwood1956; 23-07-2011, 07:12 PM.
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

LOL! Can definately recommend the Xscape site....clean modern hotel, air con rooms, fantastic showers in the rooms and surprisingly quiet considering the Xscape site is only a few hundred yards away. Oh, and don't do what i did......get a taxi! Bob listed a few decent taxi firm numbers in the GF10 thread - get them in your mobile phone!!!

That said, i'm booked in at the Ponte North Travelinn this year, so only a mile away...well, i am a year older, not to mention i now have 2 dodgy knees - so a 5 mile yomp is a bit OTT
    "There are 10 types of people who understand Binary; those that do and those that don't.........."

Comment

Got my room booked over at the Wentvale. And my days off booked from work, the Friday and the whole of the next week. Normaly I work away so decided that I had best give myself as much time as possible to get this thing sorted.

Giddy with excitement now !

Comment

Originally posted by Ted.B View Post
        Got my room booked over at the Wentvale
        Breakfasts are good there.
        Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

And my days off booked from work, the Friday and the whole of the next week. Normaly I work away
          Good plan.. The red grapes do need some attention everyday (two or three times!) to punch the cap down and get them pressed at the right time.

Comment

I also have a mountain of gardening, decorating and general housework to keep me busy that week, oh joy ! Anyhow I think I have spotted a supply of suitable transport containers over on EBAY, just need to source some kind of press now. Think I will ask in my local HBS to see if something could be rented.

Comment

I believe the hbs in Newark used to rent presses out, if that helps. They can be squeezed with a straining bag and your hands if needed.

Karl got hold of some very nice 60 litre buckets at a good price the last two years, I hoping he'll be getting some more this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                Karl got hold of some very nice 60 litre buckets at a good price the last two years, I hoping he'll be getting some more this year.
                Seconded!!! They make great Boilers too
                "There are 10 types of people who understand Binary; those that do and those that don't.........."

Comment

I also have a mountain of gardening, decorating and general housework to keep me busy that week, oh joy ! Anyhow I think I have spotted a supply of suitable transport containers over on EBAY, just need to source some kind of press now. Think I will ask in my local HBS to see if something could be rented.
                  Build one. Dead easy - I have the plans - email me.
                  Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
                    Build one. Dead easy - I have the plans - email me.
                    If I can't get a bargain from EBAY then a self build might be the way I go but I just don't have the time or workshop access right now. Working away is most inconvenient but it has to be done. A rent for a day or two does seem to be the best solution so I will be asking in both my locals HBS this weekend. Somebody local to me will surely have one. Maybe a card in a shop window might come up trumps, you never know.

Comment

I did a 60L buckets worth of grapes last year using one of the little boots presses (kindly loaned by Rich). I've managed to get my own this year. Might take it along and auction it off
                      Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
                      Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
                      -Police Squad

Comment

The price it fetches will be reflected in this years loan price.

Comment

Working...
                        X