Attempting to make mead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aristaeus View Post
    If you have a problem with dry yeast, no detours please...send a stamped envelope to a friend that will mail it to you. The Winter is here, so temperature is no problem. Did you get that email John? Yeast chart? No handling charges! Send $1 and a self addressed stamped envelope to Michelle, Mecca Coffee Company, 1143 E. 33 Place, Tulsa, OK 74105. Most of the dry yeast is $.50 to $.85. Lovely people Michelle and Charlie, took me under their wing, taught me what for!
    It's not so much of a problem getting yeast generally. For instance if I look through the websites for UK based home brew shops I can find, for example, most of the Lalvin yeasts mentioned in Ken Schramms "The Compleat Meadmaker", but then I notice that one or two aren't so easily got hold of. The Redstar products also seem a bit on the "rare" side over here. As for Wyeast products, that's one of the reasons that I was pleased to find the Brouwland website - they keep them and if temperature is a real issue it's probably easier for me to get them from Belgium than from the US - though I got some Redstar and D47 from Home Brew Heaven in Washington State the month before last.

I've yet to find anywhere "over here" that does the "White Labs" liquid yeasts though!

Then it's just a case of making a batch (now I'm using the recipe I posted as the bench mark) and not getting nagged to much for taking up so much room - my partner doesn't drink!

regards

John the fatbloke

p.s. Oh and yes, thanks for the yeast chart it gives me much more of an idea "whats what" than I had before.
    Last edited by fatbloke; 20-12-2007, 10:46 PM.
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

speak to John or Patsy at hop and grape...they can get you the wyeast products

N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Working...
      X