Food with Mead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food with Mead

My favorite is Granny's Peanut Butter Cookies...break your chops eating them so fast!

This is the "real" recipe...TRUST ME!

One cup of crunchy or smooth peanut butter
    One small egg
    One cup of sugar
    One tsp. vanilla extract

THAT IS IT...NO BAKING POWDER, NO FLOUR, NO MILK.

Bake at 350 degree for 12 - 15 minutes

A cup of warm Metheglyn with a bit of butter in the bottom of the mug will do for a chaser. Now where is that easy-round chair.

Originally posted by Aristaeus View Post
    My favorite is Granny's Peanut Butter Cookies...break your chops eating them so fast!

This is the "real" recipe...TRUST ME!

One cup of crunchy or smooth peanut butter
    One small egg
    One cup of sugar
    One tsp. vanilla extract

THAT IS IT...NO BAKING POWDER, NO FLOUR, NO MILK.

Bake at 350 degree for 12 - 15 minutes

A cup of warm Metheglyn with a bit of butter in the bottom of the mug will do for a chaser. Now where is that easy-round chair.
    Sounds like a peanut brittle? must be very crunchy without any flour of baking soda? We also put together some good peanut butter cookies - I use a little sugared ginger and nutmeg in the ones that I make. They sure do have flour and baking soda - soft and also sprinkled with sugar on top. Cheers DAW

Comment

Originally posted by StockeyDAW View Post
      Sounds like a peanut brittle? must be very crunchy without any flour of baking soda? We also put together some good peanut butter cookies - I use a little sugared ginger and nutmeg in the ones that I make. They sure do have flour and baking soda - soft and also sprinkled with sugar on top. Cheers DAW
      S'pose it depends on your part of the world.

To me, peanut brittle is more just a caramel/hard toffee type thing, mixed with peanuts (roasted but no salt) and then set into bars/slabs.

Hell StockeyDAW, that suggestion of the sugared/candied ginger does sound good though One of my favourite seasonal things is the candied ginger in syrup - you get to chew the hot, sweet lumps of ginger and then if you a messy git like me, drink the syrup. In the words of Bill and Ted, "most excellent dude"!

Damn! 0745 on a sunday morning and now I'm gonna have to go downstairs and raid the kitchen cupboards !!!!!!!!!!!!

ttfn

regards

john the fat (and greedy) bloke
      Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Soft and yummy

They are soft and yummy...you have my word, ole Boys...very peanuty...can't miss with the troops!

Keith

Comment

Another SMASH...for your wickets!

Refridgerator Cherry Cream Cheeze Pie...and a Sherry or Port style mead.

Recipe is QT:

One box of instant lemon or lime or vanilla pudding, with 1/4 cup of non-fat coffee or tea creamer. (forget the pudding directions)

One 8 oz. bar of non-fat Cream Cheeze

Topping flavours may vary:

1/2 16 oz can, or 8 oz of non-sugar Cherry Pie filling in thick syrup - best make two pies as the pie fillings come in 16 oz tins in USA

Mix it up in blender or mixer on high. Put mixture in Graham Cracker Crust. Refridgerate for two hours.
          Stuff those "PIE HOLES" well! Get it all in tight, no air pockets!

Keith & Loretta
          Last edited by Guest; 23-12-2007, 04:46 PM. Reason: Another Senior moment

Comment

Senior Moment

Brain F_ _ T, forgot the pic
            Attached Files

Comment

All yummyyy stuff. Have you tried basting your turkey or ham with a bottle of MEAD!!! Outstanding very delicious. DAW

Comment

Originally posted by StockeyDAW View Post
                All yummyyy stuff. Have you tried basting your turkey or ham with a bottle of MEAD!!! Outstanding very delicious. DAW
                Nah! that'd be a waste of mead. I've done turkey/ham/pork with straight honey or sometimes a few spices - that usually turns out good!

regards

John the fatbloke
                Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Coming Duff?

Saved you a plate the other night Duff...it's getting stale...hurry every chance you get!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Looking good Kieth, could fair scran some of that home made bread toasted on an open fire with a good wedge of butter, yum.
                    Discount Home Brew Supplies
                    Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                    Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                    National Wine Judge
                    N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Looks totally totally yummy Keith!
                      N.G.W.B.J.
                      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Working...
                      X