GotMead Alcohol Yeast Tolerance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GotMead Alcohol Yeast Tolerance

All - just for you information the link below is an excellent chart for many yeasts that we use. Great little table. Cheers Daw

Wow, that's excellent. TVM DAW.

It gives me some excellent guidance on which ones I want to try - though at the moment, I've had to order any Redstar yeast from the US and as yet, I haven't found anywhere reasonably local who sells the White Labs stuff.

regards

JtFB
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Originally posted by fatbloke View Post
      Wow, that's excellent. TVM DAW.

It gives me some excellent guidance on which ones I want to try - though at the moment, I've had to order any Redstar yeast from the US and as yet, I haven't found anywhere reasonably local who sells the White Labs stuff.

regards

JtFB

Great FB - I like it because all brands on one chart - do not have to looks through a number of web pages or books. I have noticed the 71B-1122 alcohol tolerance reported in the GotMead table and also on the Lalvin web page is different than what is reported in a book that I have? I have herd that it can tolerate greater alcohol tolerance than reported in the Lalvin and the GotMead information? I have not experienced a great deal of difference yet but have had it do well to approx the 15% alc/vol level. Please confirm if anyone knows the exact level that this yeast can tolerate. Still this is my favorite yeast for many Mead's and wines however my suggestion is if you wish to go with an alcohol percentage greater than 15% use the RED Star Pasteur Red and if greater than 16% use the Lalvin KIV-1116 or EC-1118 or RED STAR Premier Cuvee. The D-47 Lalvin yeast is rated at 15%. Check out what each are recommended for and adapt to the type of Mead or wine you are making.

Also it sure would be nice to have a table like this that includes all the yeasts used in GB and Europe?? Is something like that available? Cheers Daw

Comment

Working...
      X