Gallons Of Honey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds gooooood!
    Mine are all in a nice dark cupboard except one of them which is in my office so I can keep an eye on it and see what's happening.

They've all been racked into clean DJs to get rid of the first lot of sediment, and topped up with the 1/2 gallon I held back for topping up. The gallon of plain mead is starting to clear and dropping more sediment.

I'll give it another 45 days and rack the lot again, sulphite it all, and leave alone to mature gracefully.
    HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

Dunno about sounding good.......

I come down this morning and it's foamed out through the airlock (lack of trust of cotton wool to keep out any nasties) I put on it last night.

It'll have it's first "post pitch" gravity test tonight (laziness and disbelief that it could have dropped 80 points in what ? 36/48 hours) to see where it's at.

It's had it's next good stirring to for aeration... which was good as it's knocked the foam back down and hopefully it will stay inside the bleedin' bucket.......

Actually the whole point of making it and then back sweetening it is that the mixed fruit juice, because it was mixed by the steam juicer has a distinct strawberry flavour and I just figured that because I wanted to keep that, it would be better to just use a little juice for the ferment and add it later..... that way, if there's any medicinal/alcohol hotness taste to the finished ferment, it should be nicely masked by the sweetness of the juice and age a little quicker!

As "they" say, making mead isn't ideal if you're an impatient person.....which is why I find it a bit weird that I like making mead, because patience is not one of my virtues.....

Hey ho!

regards

JtFB
      Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Working...
      X