X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

being a pedant again....

but it's 1.020
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Important to express it correctly just in case you need advice, then everyone knows exactly where it is at

regards
      bob.
      N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
        being a pedant again....

but it's 1.020
        Well if you've figured correctly Bob, I'd say that a good shaking to is gonna do it the world of good as it's getting down to target just nicely....

But of course, if there's any pedantry involved you should have typed the reply, on a laptop, sitting in the naughty corner wearing a pointed "P" hat......

I'll get me coat

regards

jtfb
        Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Originally posted by fatbloke View Post
          But of course, if there's any pedantry involved you should have typed the reply, on a laptop, sitting in the naughty corner wearing a pointed "P" hat......

lol

too funny

however, have yourself spanked at your earliest convenience

you are a naughty boy, and you should sit on the naughty step, and think about what you have done!

N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Sorry, I've only just started using a hydrometer, and I find the markings a bit confusing. Yes, it's 1.02. No action yet.

Comment

Originally posted by elleks View Post
              Sorry, I've only just started using a hydrometer, and I find the markings a bit confusing. Yes, it's 1.02. No action yet.
              Well it might take a while to start doing anything - especially given the recipe i.e. the nutrient might be exhausted.....

You could give it a week or so and if nothings moved, then try adding a tiny amount of extra nutrient, something like 1/8th of a teaspoon. Same drill i.e. take some out into a sanitised container, mix the nutrient into the main part, let any foaming subside and then add the other part back into it again.

Or you could just leave it... at 1.020, it's still a hell of a lot lower than the commercial meads I got and tested last year from Middle Farm at Firle. Some of those were like 1.035 to 1.040 so obviously meant as "dessert meads" - very sickly sweet.

regards

jtfb
              Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

I can't work out how, if you are down to 1.020, the airlock never bubbled.

My rough scribblings say you probably started around 1.125 and you have about 14% alcohol in your DJ now.

Have a taste - let us know what you have.
                Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Working...
                X