I'm crossing the pond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm crossing the pond

I'm going to be coming over to Europe in a few weeks. I'll be in Stirling, Scotland, then headed to Edinburgh for a night. If anybody prowls around those parts, I'll be staying at the Golden Lion. Perhaps we could get together for a pint.

Ken

(I pulled the dates off. PM me if you want to know them)
    Last edited by compleat meadmaker; 17-01-2010, 09:21 PM.

Hi Ken
    We have a few members who live around that area, I occasionally get up that way, I will check my diary for those dates, a beer would be good.

What brings you to the UK?

regards
    bob
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Hey Bob;

My wife Jean's parents hail from St. Ninians and Bannockburn. She's been over to visit her relatives there before with her Mum, and now we're going, so the daughters and I get to meet her folk and see where her parents grew up.

It's actually part of a longer trip. My youngest daughter is doing a year of foreign study at University of Freiburg. She's a German Major at University of Michigan. We'll visit her there for a few days first, and then the lot of us are coming to Edinburgh, then going to tour up to Skye, spend some time in Stirling with Jean's cousins, and finally Edinburgh for a night before we drop our daughter back off in Frankfurt and head back to the States. It's a reward vacation for getting the eldest daughter graduated and that money spigot turned off.

Comment

Working...
      X