Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reserve bottle (trying to avoid watering down)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reserve bottle (trying to avoid watering down)

If you are like me and would prefer not to top-up with water, this seems to have worked quite well for the first racking. That's a 20mm fermenting bin grommet in the old 2L water bottle. I've just racked them for the first time and the quantity was just right to fill to the neck of the new dj. I'm sure lots of folks do this as I saw it in one of the books (Ben Turner or CJJB), but I haven't seen any references as I've wandered through the easier parts of the forum. So with a great desire to do anything I can to avoid getting back to work, here's rather a dim picture of metheglin with some way to go before it's clear. (The taste was sensational... if this lives up to its early promise, in 12 months I'll post the recipe which includes mace blades & a vanilla pod).

Now bottling 20DJs of 2013 red and making room to rack 5 carboys of 2014 red to the DJs where they can wait for another winter.
    Thank goodness for eBay! (local cache of DJs)

I do something similar (provided there is an active fermentation, where a protective CO2 blanket is present).

You can even reduce the volume of the plastic bottle squeezing it with something like a couple of wooden blocks, and taping them in place. Admittedly, this is a one-shotprocess, because the bottle is usually very secondhand afterwards
    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

What about a double bore cork a balloon and a bicycle pump.
      Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

What? A stent? Like the Duke of Edinburgh just had fitted? I think that's brilliant. Over-engineered, but brilliant.
        Now bottling 20DJs of 2013 red and making room to rack 5 carboys of 2014 red to the DJs where they can wait for another winter.
        Thank goodness for eBay! (local cache of DJs)

Comment

Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Working...
          X