Introduce Yourselves here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Welcome to wines at home Damo
      Discount Home Brew Supplies
      Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
      Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
      National Wine Judge
      N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Thanks everyone!

Comment

• Hi

Hi, I'm Greg, I make a lot of different wines- I inherited the interest from my mother. I've got about 30 gallons on the go at any one time. I make most of it from my own (I grow a lot of top fruit), or other's fruit and veg, plus a few kits now and then. I experiment with unusual fruit and veg a fair bit (I've got various Jerusalem Artichoke ones on the go at present, as had a glut of them this season). Found this forum after searching for some half gallon demijohns, as need some for my experiments when I've got less than a gallons worth- I work at Kew Gardens (in charge of the glasshouses), so often get small amounts of very unusual fruits to play with - and masses of crab apples and wild type pears etc. for my bulk batches. Nice to find some other interested people, who won't think I'm nuts.....

Comment

• Welcome Greg
            Kew gardens eh?

I love Kew gardens.....

welcome aboard

regards
            bob
            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1810ss View Post
              Nice to find some other interested people, who won't think I'm nuts.....
              Hi Greg,

We're all a little nuts here. So from one nut to another, welcome to the forum!
              Steve

Comment

• Hi Greg, being nuts is almost a prerequisite for membership on this forum - you should feel right at home.
                Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Hi,
                  My name is Simon and I'm from Hampshire in England.
                  I want to make my own wine as everyone I have spoken to says its a very rewarding hobby.

I dont have access to a press so will hopefully be able to follow the step by step guides on this forum to make it from some form of concentrate.

Anyhoo, its nice to meet you all.
                  Simon.

Comment

• Hello, My names Ian, I;m a little past the 50 mark. Live in North Bucks.By profession I'm a pyrotechnician, though I'm currently listed as disabled following a fight with a forklift which I lost.

I've made small batches of wine and beer on and off for several years. Keep trying to make a strong alcoholic ginger beer and a light fine elderflower champers. But fail everytime. Other things turn out drinkable.

So with time on my hands and a significant reduction in income I'm delving deeper into both the beer and wine.

Would like to make a passable medium sweet white to keep the wife subdued, and then sparkling fruit wines. In the beer field a cloned
                    Guinness, a passable lager, build my own kegerator, and lagering station.

I'm a staunch English Nationalist (NOT BNP type), just proud to be English

Comment

• Welcome aboard Simon and Ian, check out the new winemakers area, although you may not be new to the hobby you'll find stacks of tuorials and easy wines to make that can be tweaked to you liking.
                      National Wine Judge
                      N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Hi both, great to meet you
                        Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Welcome to you both

pull up a chair!

regards
                          bob
                          N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Hello there,

I found this site whilst looking for mead recipes and thought I'd join up.

I've been brewing on and off for a while. Though I have just got back into it after a few years.

I've been mostly making mead, cysers and cider (from kits) and have just started my first metheglin. All from basic recipes and instinct, though no disasters I'm pleased to say.

Comment

• Welcome Ian, some great mead recipes in the mead area.
                              National Wine Judge
                              N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Hi,
                                I have been making wine for years, from all sorts of things. Ribena was one of my favorites.
                                I now mainly do red grape wine. I grow a few and buy a few.
                                I just missed 1000 bottles this year - gutted. Made to an traditional italian recipe with a sprinkling of english science and NO bottling - I do enough washing up already

With grapes getting harder and harder to get I am planning to get my own in this year. www.wine-grapes.co.uk

If you are ever in the Fen's come and sup!!
                                Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Working...
                                X