Introduce Yourselves here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And its supposed to be good for you as well

If its good, then I look forward to your recipe.
    thanks
    Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Welcome aboard ms67, nice to meet you.

As a note of re-assurance we certainly don't allow BNP and NF type postings here - but we do encourage a lot of bantering as you've probably seen.

Have fun and keep us posted.
      Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Welcome aboard...

the only prejudice you will find here is in relation to root vegetables!!!!

(oh and non use of hydrometers too)

regards
        Bob
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• well i've broken out of the habit of not using a hydrometer (love your smilies) tho not without being tested as i broke it straight after using it. now i've got two! i used to always rely on tried and tested recipes ... feebel excuse but i'm sticking to it

as for root veggies well .... care to explain that one or is it simply a blackadderish joke?
          To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
          A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Originally posted by ms67 View Post

as for root veggies well .... care to explain that one or is it simply a blackadderish joke?
            It's a long story, but the fact is some of us prefer to eat root vegetables rather than ferment them You'll get the idea the more posts you read
            Welcome to the forum.
            Discount Home Brew Supplies
            Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
            Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
            National Wine Judge
            N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Originally posted by ms67 View Post
              It is my contention that you cannot make great wine from root vegetables......

I have tasted many parsnip wines, a lot of them were well made, but none of them were great.....Parsnips are for Sunday lunch

regards
              Bob
              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Well having started two gallons of Wine No. 1 and 1 gallon of Wine No. 2, I thought it was about time I introduced myself.

I started the hobby recently, using the vast information on the internet to get me started and so far have made a few meads, a pyment and now some wine from the recipes in this site.

Wish I found this site earlier as expect a couple of my earlier experiments using recipes adapted from CJJ Berry's books online are going to end up rather dry, rather strong and rather light, which i understand is not the gameplan.

A lot of good information, recipes and friendly banter is what i have come to find with this site and i look forward to tasting the legendary No.1 and No.2 recipes.

Thanks.
                A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well

Comment

• Nice to meet you Wipka84, you are very welcome.

As you've learnt, Mr Berry's books are not so up-to-date as far as his recipes are concerned, but all the technical stuff at the beginning is a very good source for advice on procedure. You just have to adapt his recipes by using your hydrometer. Anyway, if you like what you've already produced from his book that's all that matters.

I look forward to finding out.
                  Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Hello to everyone

Just thought I'd introduce myself.

Just getting back into winemaking via inheriting someones old winemaking equipment.

Used to dabble back when Boots sold wine making equipment but haven't done anything for years.

Thought it was about time to have another go and try something other than the kits. So having a go at Wine No.1 & 2.

Comment

• Welcome aboard, you will enjoy those wines I hope
                      N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• hi all & ty bob

hi all ....

well after finding your site i am able to post , i am scott from Scotland (nairn) i have been brewing beer for about 1 year with a bit of hit and miss success .

i seen your turbo cider recipe and decided to give it a try , but wine making is my goal . we have lots of fresh fruit in Scotland and i am not far from the suppliers and was hoping to make a strawberry wine . i was given a bottle of strawberry wine and white wine & gooseberry by some wine judges i went out to on a breakdown ( i work for the rac ) ...

any how enough of the waffle , i am looking forward to becoming part of your community

regards

scott

Comment

• Hey Haggis, welcome, I'd recommend making some of the wines from the New winemaker series, Wine#1 or #2

That was a stroke of luck with with the judges lol

Comment

• Welcome haggis, as Tuco said you wont go wrong with the wine #1 from the new wine maker section, enjoy the forum
                            Discount Home Brew Supplies
                            Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                            Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                            National Wine Judge
                            N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• My Mother was from Nairn...

I still have family up there (Skinners)

Welcome aboard
                              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• i was a bit excited that i had forum access and forgot to say that the strawberry wine was just ... wow . it was like being slapped across the face with a wet strawberry , and then dunked in strawberry juice and hit again . it was a sublime taste that got me thinking about trying to make my own wine . the white wine and gooseberry was very very sharp , would have gone good with cheese .... yum . the judges were a bunch of old boys up for some very good fly fishing , they did tell me the name of there club , but when i looked on the net it was almost a year out of date .

any how sorry just thought i would let you know seeing as how i missed the important bit out

thank you all who looked in and a bigger hi to the ones who replied i have just managed to get hold of 3 demijohns via freecycle and have a brewing bucket or two on standby . i am looking forward to trying the wine No1
                                Last edited by haggis@home; 14-05-2009, 10:22 PM. Reason: spelling when drunk dont work

Comment

Working...
                                X