Introduce Yourselves here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome.

There are now at least two Karls on here, so things could get a bit confusing from now on
    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Originally posted by YorkieBoy View Post
      Im a new wine maker in from sunny doncaster and only made a few batches of really easy stuff so far (ribena, rice, kits etc) but starting to be a little more adventurous now and its great fun... if not a little frustrating at times!

Karl
      Doncasster wine circle meets the 2nd wed of the month at Scawsby community Centre, and as it happens the Posse from Ponte will be visiting with them that night, why not pop along and say hi

regards
      bob
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Welcoma aboard by the way
        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Welcome YorkieBoy, great real name too
          Discount Home Brew Supplies
          Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
          Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
          National Wine Judge
          N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Originally posted by Duffbeer View Post
            Welcome YorkieBoy, great real name too
            Yep your right its a name thats godlike in the way it rolls off the tongue!

Thanks for the greets guys and lockwood... I think i'll come over to that next wednesday. Whats the start time etc?

Comment

• Starts at 8 fetch a bottle and a glass, has the makings of a good night will be some grub laid on etc.
              Discount Home Brew Supplies
              Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
              Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
              National Wine Judge
              N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• haha you always know its going to be a good one when someone says "bring a bottle"!

Comment

• Hi, another new member

Just started hb, so I am sure I will be asking a few (hopefully not to daft) questions, after looking first of course.

Please be kind (and patient) with me!!!!!!

Comment

• Welcome Pepper. I think you'll find that most of us here are very patient with beginners.

A couple of good, easy wines to start with are wine number 1 and wine number 2.
                    Steve

Comment

• Welcome Pepper
                      Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Welcome aboard, as Steve says we are a friendly bunch here, so no worries on that score

regards
                        Bob
                        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• I have just bought belvino 7 day california white wine kit off ebay to try first, but I am twitching to try making some from "scratch".

At the moment just sorting out a room (under the stairs) to put everything in as my kitchen isn't the biggest in the world, and also with having a 8 stone dog running around, thought it would be safer out of the way under the stairs.

Will let you know how I get on.

Comment

• Evening all

Love the website and the banter! I hope there is room for a Geordie around here? Brewed a fair bit when younger then moved house and foolishly promised not to brew until renovations complete. Learned two valuable lessons. One, do not ever make rash promises. Two, living on a building site is bad for your health and marriage. Both health and marriage have survived (well after 30 years it would have been a waste wouldn't it). Now trying to convince SWMBO that homebrew is good for reducing cholesterol, not that I have a cholesterol problem but heyho, why take a chance!

Came back to brewing a couple of years ago always from kits. Beerwise I am a bitter man. I love Coopers stout and bitter made with 500 g each of sugar and spraymalt, gorgeous! Winewise I like anything from Beaverdale esp the reds. However since discovering and lurking on this site for a couple of weeks I have just racked and tasted my first wine #1, wurzel's orange wine and an experimental rose using pressed red grape, apple and cranberry. These came out as amazing, interesting and needs work, in that order. The red grape one is lacking something but I will taste again when clear.

Keep the faith!
                            Okay, now I get it. The difference between drinkable and ready....

Comment

• Welcome from me mate

Keep the faith!....You must be a mod
                              Alcohol causes you to forget things, and some other stuff I don't remember!

Comment

• Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                                Welcome from me mate

Keep the faith!....You must be a mod
                                roflol, yes I am but not here. http://s14.zetaboards.com/WhatsBev/forum/5898/. Thanks to my younger daughter (then aged 11) who came home from school one day with free tickets for a great game. One game later and the family were hooked. Family season tickets followed then I became the clubs webmaster then travel manager never missing a game home or away for 4 years or so. Sadly change of job intervened, daughters grew up and moved on so now it is just me. Season ticket holder for 13 years and counting of the most successful basketball team in the UK.

Well, it gets me out....
                                Okay, now I get it. The difference between drinkable and ready....

Comment

Working...
                                X