• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome aboard Paul

pull up a chair....sit a while

regards
    Bob
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Nice to meet you Paul. Wish I could find that many elderberries - there are none in my area
      Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Welcome Paul...

Get yourself some blackberries.. and you will have a cracking wine there

Mamgi.... You been away ??
        I missed ya
        Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Welcome Paul
          It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Welcome Paul do be aware of the naughty seat. It is a place of reflection. Bob only sends one there when he deems it absolutely necessary.
            http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

• Thanks for the friendly welcome!! the elderberries are ready we have about ten trees but I gave up after 2 trees and ten Lbs 10 but they are in the freezer and fridge and anywhere I can store then on doubt I'll be on here later will some basic questions after

I'm very fortunate here as where I live, we are on an old victorian estate so there is a variety of fruit trees I can make use of

Cheers

Comment

Hi All!
                My name is Terry and I live in Lichfield.
                Joined a few days ago and have been avidly devouring all the information I can read on this forum.
                I made wines many years ago but have lost touch with everything and so am starting again. I am very interested in country wines and am fortunate in that I have an allotment where I can grow what I choose to order.
                Bought a heap of equipment off E*** the other day and am now in the process of cleaning it all and setting it up. Just to get me going and to warm up, I have purchased a Youngs Black Cherry kit which I hope to hear bubbling very shortly, this is only a starter kit and I hope to keep away from them in the future. Unfortunately country wines take a long while to mature and I am very keen to get started.
                Ok, thats it for now but hope to catch up with you all later.
                Wingchun

Comment

• Hi Terry, and welcome to the forum. As I'm sure you've found we have lots of tutorials and other info on the forum, and recipes for all sorts of country wines so once you've got all that equipment clean you'll find plenty to get you started.
                  Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Welcome aboard Terry, I fully understand your eagerness to get cracking, may I suggest a perusal of the basic recipe tutorilas, get a few batches of Wine no1 and 2 (detailed a couple of threads below this one ) on the go and you'll have a reserve load to cushion you whilst the better stuff (matter of opinion) matures.

If you need to bulk up the 30 bottle Beaverdale/Calif Conn kits are great value for money and make a truly lovely drop.
                    Last edited by KevP; 23-09-2009, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• Greetings Terry.

Comment

• Hello!!

Hello all,
                        Been hanging around this forum for quite a while, very interesting lots of recipes, loads of help. Thought it would be rude not to join
                        Still just a beginer, but got more confidence to try from scratch rather than just kits, going to do very soon.

Rob.

Comment

• Welcome Rob.
                          Discount Home Brew Supplies
                          Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                          Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                          National Wine Judge
                          N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• 80)

Thank you

Comment

• Hi Rob, and welcome
                              Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Welcome aboard Rob

Comment

Working...
                                X