• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    w3L(0m3 Phr0m m3 4Ls0 f3rm3nta dUD3
    Thank you Wurzel.

w3L(0m3, f33L I

Comment

• Hello, my name is Wendy, I have been making the occasional country wine for a little while, my Peter thinks I should have a little look in here because he says my tonic wines are too sweet and too strong, they havent done me any harm, so hello to all the experts, maybe you can help a lady of a certain age make something the younger generation will find more acceptable.

Comment

• I'm sure we can . Welcome, and have fun!
        Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Hi Wendy, nice to meet you.
          Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Originally posted by wendy View Post
            he says my tonic wines are too sweet and too strong
            Don't recon I would have a problem with yer wine Wendy lol.

Welcome on board
            Alcohol causes you to forget things, and some other stuff I don't remember!

Comment

• My names Graham and I've been making beers/wines for the last 9 months or so. I've not been able to get a 'serious' wine out yet but plenty that have been made and guzzeled in about 4 weeks and 1 hour

Been looking for some more wine related advice since most of the foums I've found are beer related. I recently made a Young's Elderberry Wine kit that has frankly sunk absolutely every single beer I've made, so I've decided to home in on the Wines.

As the profile says I'm a chemist too, so most of the chems I use are co-opted from my work So are my demijohns (well, 25 and 5L Jerrycans) now I think about it. That being said, a degree is no substitute for experience so I'm hoping to use everyones example to produce some exceptional wines!

Whilst I was waiting for approval, I got a batch of Wine Number 2 on the go
              Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
              Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
              -Police Squad

Comment

• Hi Graham, Welcome to the forum. Try a wine #1 too, easy and quick (+tasty).

From Aberdeen too, We've a way to go before we can take over the Yorkshire massive on here

Rich

Comment

• Thankyou, I will have another look at the recipe for the No 1 wine, it looks like it could be a bit thin but I will keep to the script and give it a chance, I have a book called First Steps in Winemaking, and have used it for many years without any complaints, I have been wondering about making some mead and see that there is a section for it here, thankyou once again for the welcome, Wendy.

Comment

• Originally posted by wendy View Post
                    I will have another look at the recipe for the No 1 wine, it looks like it could be a bit thin but I will keep to the script and give it a chance
                    You wont be disappointed with it.....with supermarket juice wines less is more!

My own "Wurzels Orange Wine" is a wine of this type and no one has ever described it as thin.

Try it with Tesco's apple & elderflower, add 1/2 tsp of glycerin and back sweeten to .998....cracking!
                    Alcohol causes you to forget things, and some other stuff I don't remember!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich View Post
                      Hi Graham, Welcome to the forum. Try a wine #1 too, easy and quick (+tasty).

From Aberdeen too, We've a way to go before we can take over the Yorkshire massive on here

Rich
                      You chaps are a bad influence on me. Thats a batch on the go now!
                      -Police Squad

Comment

• Originally posted by koomber View Post
                        You chaps are a bad influence on me. Thats a batch on the go now!
                        Excellent The Lychee wine is good too...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich View Post
                          Excellent The Lychee wine is good too...
                          I still have a cupboard full of Lychee tins, when they were on offer from somewhere ages ago
                          I sooooo need to start some of this
                          Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• I tasted lychee juice for the first time today [starting a lychee #1] and wow, what a sensational taste.
                            “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
                            Groucho Marx

Comment

• Hello.

hello folks,
                              I inherited a load of demijohns from my wifes granddad, bless his heart and have made a few batches of country wines. Damson, elderberry, parsnip, pineapple, banana and apple.
                              Got a beer kit on the go and about 40 litres of cider in the garage.
                              Great site and I hope to learn a lot from you experts .

We live in Worcestershire and run our own little business which gives us plenty of brewing time. tee hee.

well this week I will be mostly making kiwi wine and hopefully a batch of mead.

Cheers

Comment

• Welcome to the forum Parsnip man!

Sounds like your in a similar poition to me (though I envy the amount of cider you've got brewing ). It was the girlfriends grandparents that got me into this delightful hobby. Im trying not to get carried away, but it's hard

On the bright side it's ALOT cheaper than when I decided photography was 'my thing' so the missus is fairly forgiving of my exploits.

Nice thing about the experts here is that they are all very friendly. I'm sure that they will be happy to help. Though maybe not with the Parsnips. I'm not sure why, but Parsnips seem to be an issue

Would they be CJJ Berry recipes that you've tried before or was it your own concoctions? How did they turn out? I'm an elderberry wine nut so I'd love to hear how yours turned out.
                                -Police Squad

Comment

Working...
                                X