Introduce Yourselves here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by koomber View Post
    Though maybe not with the Parsnips. I'm not sure why, but Parsnips seem to be an issue
    I was scared by a parsnip as a child
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Parsnipman.....I think I love you, I am a big fan of that wine

Bob? just ignore him....I do

Welcome mate
      Alcohol causes you to forget things, and some other stuff I don't remember!

Comment

• LOL

you are welcome parsnip man (no matter what you drink)

If Parsnips are your thing, then Wurzel is your man (his parsnip is one of the best Parsnip wines I have tasted...but don't tell him)
        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Morning all - newly registered so here goes.

Snowing outside - must go to work soon.

I've got two gallons of Wurzels orange and one gallon of tinned mandarin/Pineapple on the go.

Best wine I've made so far? Tinned peach.

Looking forward to getting to know you all

Paul

Comment

• Welcome Paul and Parsnipman, you are both very welcome.
            Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Welcome Paul
              Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Hi Paul (my name also)

Comment

• Hi all, what a warm welcome.
                  Koomber, they were Mr Berry's recipes and to be honest so far they have all turned out ok. Bit early to tell with the apple wine as the fruit was mostly cider apples and it is very tanniny. I have been reasured that the tannins will eventually drop out of the wine but at the moment its not that special. ( this may be my first question on here for the experts to advise me on .)

The best wine has been the pineapple. First batch was consumed far to quickly so have 4 more gallons on the brew now.

The parsnip wine was ok ( never tried it before but even the wife drunk it) We planted a vegie patch and after about 2 months we moved house. Not wanting to leave my lovely parsnips for our landlord I dug them up. They were really small so I used them for wine. It all cleared beautifully so for my first ever batch I was quite chuffed with it.

Cant stop brewing now, the wife thinks I may have a problem. Trying a batch of wine number 2 Red this weekend as anything with blueberries in it gets my vote.

Comment

• New guy from the USA with greetings

Wines at Home,
                    First I'd like to say a big thank you t everyone responsible for helping me register and activate my account. Second, I'd like to compliment those responsible for the content ,structure , and quality of this web site. So, I'm from a small but growing town in North Carolin in the USA. I made wine with my dad for about 5 years and them had to take a break and only fermented a few 10's of gallons myself while working with a new vintner friend in another state. They have been up and running for several years and we are in the process of getting one of my recipes to a commercial level.In an effort to take some of the guesswork out of my wine quality and repeatability I am investigating free SO2 testing. That's how I found this fantastic web page after doing a google search. I look forward to any help I can give or receive here. Probably more receiving than giving....

Regards,
                    spurgon

Comment

• You are most Welcome here,
                      Steve (NorthernWiner) is your man for A/O SO2 testing (aeration Oxidation)

regards
                      Bob
                      N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Originally posted by spurgon View Post
                        In an effort to take some of the guesswork out of my wine quality and repeatability I am investigating free SO2 testing.
                        I'm pretty new to free SO2 testing myself. I've been using titrets for years, but recently took the plunge and put together an A/O setup. Though the labware and chemicals are somewhat expensive, the methodology itself is not anywhere near as intimidating as I thought it would be.
                        Steve

Comment

• Hi everyone,
                          I've absolutely no experience in home brewing but fancied giving it a try and stumbled across your great site . Thanks to the effort you have put in I was able to get a basic list of the necessary bits and bobs and bought them yesterday. Following the tutorials I have this morning got the wine 1 on the go and a turbo cider so fingers crossed they will come out alright .
                          Without your web site I would probably have really struggled so a big thanks from me.

cheers

Russ

Comment

• Just keep everything clean Salvadali and you wont go far wrong....welcome

Comment

• Welcome aboard Russ

you cant go far wrong with wine No1....you will be drinking it in around 38 days time

regards
                              Bob
                              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Originally posted by Salvadali View Post
                                Hi everyone,
                                I've absolutely no experience in home brewing but fancied giving it a try and stumbled across your great site . Thanks to the effort you have put in I was able to get a basic list of the necessary bits and bobs and bought them yesterday. Following the tutorials I have this morning got the wine 1 on the go and a turbo cider so fingers crossed they will come out alright .
                                Without your web site I would probably have really struggled so a big thanks from me.

cheers

Russ
                                Bob and co know their stuff wine-wise, the turbo cider might come out a little "thin" tasting (lacking in body), but that's one of the hazards of making stuff on the cheap at home. You can always add a little glycerin to help with that (and either sugar in the apple juice or fortify the cider with vodka to make it a bit stronger - if that's what you're after.....)

'part from that, welcome.....

regards

jtfb
                                Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Working...
                                X