Introduce Yourselves here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Jayv.

You might want to read the tutorial about yeast starters - you could probably make that precious K1V-1116 last many months, assuming you have access to a fridge.

It'll be interesting to see how your improvised brews turn out. Remember to keep us informed
    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• MrB a Newbie saying Hello!

Hello to everyone - I am a retired 57 year old looking to embark on a new hobby and hoping to rope the MrsB into it as well.

I came across this website after we started our first fruit juice brew on Sunday gone after discovering a recipie in a cook book. I wish we had browsed the web first!

We took some useful advise from some chaps on another forum and look forward to our first tasting in due course.

Our aim is to start out following the excellent looking Tutorial from this forum and get a better understanding and gain some confidence before moving on to making country wines eventually.

Having read through Wine No1 today and the associated links we are starting get a handle on the language and techniques involved. The website is very impressive and holds a vast knowledge base for us to tap into.

I made a shopping list and topped up the equipment from Wilkinson's and a small homebrew shop in Durham market today - still a few items to get - but none that prevents us launching Wine#1 tomorrow.

Thanks
      MrB

Comment

• Welcome aboard
        Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by MrB View Post
          still a few items to get - but none that prevents us launching Wine#1 tomorrow.
          most excellent....

welcome aboard, the wine No 1 will not dissapoint

regards
          Bob
          N.G.W.B.J.
          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Hello there,
            I am AL and am from basinstoke hampshire, my partner has been doing contessa and prohibition brew kits for some time. while i have recently got into making my own meads (have a Dj of joe's ancient orange on the go) and would like any info and advice you can...

Comment

• Hi al

welcome aboard

joes ancient orange mead is delicious
              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Well my interest have been in Mead. I talked to Fatbloke on another site so i have followed hime here. Your I love the idea of having a list of wines to make to get people started. With specfic instructions and photos it makes it simple to get started. Great job.

Comment

• Welcome aboard
                  Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Hello everyone

I'm pretty new to wine making and made 2 DJ's of WOW before christmas, i left them in a cupboard to mature and forgot about them. Then last week i checked on them, the water in the airlocks was gone and i feared the wine may have turned to vinegar.

I bottled the wine and i have to say i was very surprised how good it tasted, it was dry and smooth just how i like it.

It has given my the encouragement to try a few more recipies to gain some winemaking skills before i try the Beaverdale kits for example.

I have currently got a WOW with tropical fruit on the go as well as a Rose' and a red using youngs red wine enricher.

I found this forum via a link from another, and i must say it looks very good indeed. I will try the wine no.1 recipie next as that looks very good indeed.

Comment

• Hi Bullseye

welcome aboard, the wine No1 won't dissapoint

regards
                      Bob
                      N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Hi all
                        I'm Mike form Northern Ireland, i am new to making my own wine, beer etc.... and have only made wine from a kit so far which turned out pretty good. I have rum fermenting at the present from a prohibition kit and coopers beer kits. I have just collected a couple of demi johns and am going to try out wine number 1 shortly, just waiting for a few more things to arrive - yeast nutrient, citric acid etc. then i will be good to go.

Mike

Comment

• Hi Mike,

welcome aboard....wine No1 will not dissapoint

regards
                          Bob
                          N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Hello Everybody !

Decided about a month ago to start making wine at home so have been collecting the bits and bobs I need to make a start. Well now I think I have enough to get started so am about to dive in, wish me luck !

Starting with a cheap Carafe 21 classic red kit just to give me a bottle to drink in the evenings which hasn't cost me very much, which is the whole point of me geting into this in the first place. After a few kits to build up some stocks I will be geting around the local countryside to forage for some country wine ingredients.

No doubt I will have a few questions before long.

Ted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted.B View Post
                              ... am about to dive in, wish me luck !

Good luck

- and welcome aboard.
                              Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Welcome aboard, and good luck.

regards
                                bob
                                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Working...
                                X