• Show
Clear All

• Humm

Hi to all of you.

Im from Canada, Montreal Qc.

Well hope i dont make to much spellling erro
    im French new to this plocess of making wine im just starting out so
    im will be doing wine kit for starter.

ok that all for now back to reading think i have lot to learn...

Comment

• Welcome Zaping, you'll find we're a friendly bunch and always ready to help
      Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Hi!

Welcome zaping!

Don't worry about it, you are French, winemaking is in your blood!

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

• Aloha,

As you can tell, I am from Hawaii. I have been making wine for approximately 1 1/2 years now. Made a few kit wines, presently using alot of island fruits and experimenting with all of them. Joined the forum to make new friends, share, and learn more about wine making.

Comment

• New here and to the process

Hi, started making wines about 3 months ago after finding a copy of the Terry Garey book, The Joy of Home Winemaking. I made three gallons of the simple apple wine that she has in the first few chapters and is bottled. Then I made a rose hip wine after trimming my rose bushes and noticing all hips that were just - well - there. Made one gallon of that and dehydrated the rest to grind for tea. The rose hip is in a carboy for 2nd ferment now. Last week I put a galllon of blackberry in another carboy. Thinking of trying peach next. I also have a gooseberry concentrate to try once I bottle the rest.

I live in South Carolina so I'll be grabbing muscadines next season. I have tried to buy things only as needed but am worried about having bought a large primary fermenter (6.5 gals) and only fermenting a gallon. Is that to much air exposure for the must? When I siphoned from the primary to the secondary it tasted enough like vinegar to start me worrying? The primary has a convenient tap at the bottom.

Personal stuff - I'm retired from the U.S. Navy where I spent 21 years mostly on submarine duty. Married 27 years, two grown children, no grandchildren yet much to my wife's frustration. I am the Executive Director of a small nonprofit where we help folks out that are being evicted, facing loss of utility service, buy some meds, provide food and clothing, been there about 7 years. Oh and I live in the Greenville, SC area, if you drove between Atlanta and Charlotte we are where you stop to pee.

I'm very much a computer geek and consider darts a primary sport for level of activity. Well guess that'll do for now.

Comment

• Welcome Zaping, valleyisle and Paul

hope you have fun here

regards
              Bob
              N.G.W.B.J.
              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Zaping, Valley and Paul, Welcome to all of you! Look forward to getting to know you and see what kinds of wines you make. Zaping, don't even think about the spelling and such. We'll all just have a glass or 2 before we type and then we'll all be spelling the same!
                Life's more fun with a Polish Wine Princess!
                Half owner of Italian Floor Corker

Comment

• Welcome!

Good to have you all here!

Paul, let me know if you need any help with that muscadine. I have been making muscadine wine for a few years. I have 2 batches of '04 scuppernong and '04 muscadine that need to be polish filtered and bottled now. The muscadine was made and sweetened with Maui raw sugar from Hawaii.

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

• New Kid on the block from France

Hi joined the group to day as planning on going back to making wine in 2006 after a 15 year break, have retired to live in France and planning to make fruit and vegetable wines - the local wine merchant needs our support!!

James

Comment

• Welcome to the forum James.

Hope that the wine glut in France will not cause you any hardship.

Pat

Comment

• Hi James,

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

• Nice to have you on board!
                          Life's more fun with a Polish Wine Princess!
                          Half owner of Italian Floor Corker

Comment

• Welcome James
                            hope you enjoy your time here
                            N.G.W.B.J.
                            Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                            Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Hi, James. Lovely to meet you
                              Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• hellooo
                                im mark i live in knottingley west yorkshire work morrisons in pontefract on regular nights.im new to this hobby made 1 kit wine a beaverdale cabernet also just put my second lot of turbo cider on the first 4 litres are just priming for a few days, hopefully carry on and try a couple of country wines may be beer too but i havent got much space at present.
                                mark(heeby)
                                "we need a bigger boat"

Comment

Working...
                                X