No announcement yet.

Introduce Yourselves here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other interests include ..... renewable energy, and a few others.
    So are you a sun-worshipper or a wind-watcher then ?
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
      -----snip-----
      There is a chap on here somewhere that sells crushed frozen grapes all ready for fermenting - I think he has a few left

This message carries a blatant advert warning. Your wallet may be at risk if you act upon the suggestions in this posting.
      So what have you got left then Brian ? I did look at your FAQ's but you haven't updated them with current availability.......
      Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

• Originally posted by fatbloke View Post
        So what have you got left then Brian ? I did look at your FAQ's but you haven't updated them with current availability.......
        In Brians defence he did respond off forum to my question.
        Abervin - mouth of the river wine!

Comment

• So are you a sun-worshipper or a wind-watcher then ?

No, but I do realise I am only looking after the planet for my grandchildren and their children, so I don't try to abuse it unnecessarily. No space for a wind turbine, but space for both PV and solar thermal; these will reduce my energy costs in the long run and at current interest rates, these give a far better return so are better than sitting on one's hands and doing nothing!

Comment

• Originally posted by fatbloke View Post
            John - I will PM you in later. I you raise a good point though - perhaps I should keep an online stock list.
            Last edited by Cellar_Rat; 07-01-2013, 01:49 PM.
            Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Hello,

I'm new here. I'm an active poster on The Homebrew Forum and started making beers from kits in October 2012. I have since made a few WOWs, a 23L batch of TC using old rosie yeast (looking for MLF), I've done a ginger beer batch oh and last night did my first mead (a Joe's Ancient Orange)

I'm hoping to be moving to all grain soon in my beer making and like the idea of making cider from apples not just supermarket AJ. I've not looked at making wines yet other than from supermarket juices, though i've just found the free reading material in the intro section of this forum and will be reading all of that over the next few days. I'm also interested in making some traditional meads.

This forum looks really interesting and i'm looking forward to reading through the many older posts (I'm sure many of my noob questions are answered there somewhere so i'll have a trawl through)

Best wishes,
              Leeds Brewer

Comment

• Welcome aboard!!
                N.G.W.B.J.
                Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Hi guys! I’m new to this forum so I’d like to take this opportunity and introduce myself. I’m a cooper master and due to profession an expert on barrel making techniques. I’m interested in wine and whisky making. If you need any advice regarding wooden barrels or anything related to cooperage you can contact me and I’ll be happy to answer your questions to the best of my knowledge.
                  Bogdan Bokota
                  Cooperage Association
                  www.woodbarrels.co.uk

Comment

• Hi Bogdan,

Welcome aboard

regards
                    Bob
                    Last edited by lockwood1956; 20-02-2013, 10:50 PM. Reason: typo!
                    N.G.W.B.J.
                    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Hi Bob, thank you for warm welcome
                      Best regards -Bogdan
                      Bogdan Bokota
                      Cooperage Association
                      www.woodbarrels.co.uk

Comment

• I hope Big Brother is not monitoring your ISP addy!

RAB

Comment

• hi my name is Andy
                          i just registered as new member
                          my daughter bought me a youngs wine buddy 7 day kit for christmas
                          made two batches both very clear , good colour but tasted pretty rough
                          so not to be beaten decided to make some proper wine and stumbled upon this site.
                          got my first batch of wine no1 on the go and its plopping away like a good un
                          i just want to be able to make easonable quality drinkable wine .
                          why? because i like drinking wine>>>>>a lot !!

Comment

• Hi Andy,

for christmas - and consumed(?) already? Likely needed a few months to mature, so if you still have some, there is chance yet.

Anyhow, welcome to the forum. Far more experienced guys (and gals) on here to comment, than me, but I do think the '7 day' bit is a dose of advertising hype to get you interested. Patience is the one thing missing with a lot of the kits.

Regards, RAB

Comment

• Welcome aboard. I am sure we can help

Brian
                              Last edited by Cellar_Rat; 12-03-2013, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• Welcome to the forum sandman. To answer your questions about options I think you should put the latter half of your post in a New post then we can take it from there...

Comment

Working...
                                X