No announcement yet.

Introduce Yourselves here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yes, I am brewing from all grain. rauchbier appeals no end. I am quite good with smoke ( less good with oven doors and flames - but that is in another post)

I struggled with efficiency for a while and then settled on Graham Wheeler's solution (least I think it was him) - taste the sparge water - it goes from sweet to neutral and then to rank (and then it really is time to stop)

I got on really well with Karls Maris otter. I will check my notes

I have a PM form me.
    Last edited by Cellar_Rat; 28-11-2013, 05:28 PM.
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• It is a brew in the bag. Only have the 1 pot big enough.
      6ltr @67C strike. 1kg Maris Otter went in and stirred every 10 mins (I know I shouldn't but couldn't resist)
      After 1hr it dropped to 63C. Squeezed out all I could and then topped up to 6.5ltr pre-boil. It measured 1.038 (after temp correction)

How do I work out for future recipes what I need from this?

Comment

• hi all im not new here but have not been on for over a year but am getting back into the wine making again started off this morning with a wilco chard and wine no1

Comment

• Hi I`m Gary, I tend to make mostly wine kits, have made 12 so far, house red so far is CC Malec but have stored some of each to age and try later.

Comment

• Hi Folks

I have been making my own beer and wine for a while now and although I am a member on another forum I have been peeking at this one on and off looking at the many recipes.

So I thought it was about time to join an introduce myself.

Matt

Comment

• Hello Gaz, and Matt.

Gaz, what are your thoughts on the CC Malbec?

Comment

• Welcome!

Comment

• Hi.

I am just thinking about making some wine at home.

Reading around at the moment while I pick up courage to jump in.

Making Kefir and Kombucha are my only attempts at homebrew so far.

Happy to say they are both successful

Comment

• Welcome aboard.

Having tried kefir/vinegar/bread & AG brewing - making wine is easier - there is just longer to worry about it.

Jump in you wil be fine - and there are loads of articles & peeps here to help with questions...
                    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Originally posted by Blizzard Green View Post
                      Hi.

I am just thinking about making some wine at home.
                      Welcome. Stop thinking start doing! Follow the wine number one tutorial and you'll be away in no time!

Comment

• New member here .I am from the USA and live in the state of Missouri. I am a member of several other winemaking forums but am hoping to learn more from this one as it seems more suited to the home winemaking.

Comment

• Evening all - another new member here from Berks..

Never made a drop of wine but sampled plenty!

Hoping to get into this - I brew beer currently so hopefully the learning curve isn't so steep now.

Comment

• Originally posted by davemo View Post
                            New member here .I am from the USA and live in the state of Missouri. I am a member of several other winemaking forums but am hoping to learn more from this one as it seems more suited to the home winemaking.
                            Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                            Evening all - another new member here from Berks..

Never made a drop of wine but sampled plenty!

Hoping to get into this - I brew beer currently so hopefully the learning curve isn't so steep now.
                            Welcome both..... we already have a few members over in the "western atlantic" colony davemo. It's always good to have new members your side of the pond. Gives a good view on the differences in method/technique and what's available.

Raptor will find that wines, meads etc are a bit different from beers, but there's plenty of info for all. Knowing roughly where people are for the UK membership helps as there can often be local knowledge, which isn't quite so helpful for davemo - the US is a bloody big place, and it seems that supplies and availablity can be hugely different from region to region........

Irrespective of that, hopefully you'll both get something from the forums, as there's a massive amount of knowledge hereabouts (not me.....), people want to help and Bob does a fine job of running the show........
                            Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

• Hello all!
                              new member & having a bit of trouble navigating this site - but hey , it's elder flower time!

Comment

• Hi all. Newbie here but not new to wine making. Hope to make some useful contributions and probably learn something as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X