Introduce Yourselves here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie from Colorado

Hello, and greetings from Colorful (but currently chilly and relatively subdued) Colorado, USA. Guess you might call that a Rocky Mountain “Hi” (rimshot, groans from audience). Been here for 18 years but grew up in Memphis. I recently registered at the “old site.” My thanks to David for giving me the nudge and pointing me to the “new site.” (It did seem somewhat like strolling through a ghost town.)

I am quite new to winemaking – so new in fact, that my first batch has just had its yeast starter added and is covered with pink foam. For years I have wanted to try this fermentation thing. Actually, beer was my intention, since I have sampled so many excellent homebrews, but I just never quite got “around to it.” This Christmas a friend gave me a beginner’s winemaking kit, so I decided to give it a try. I love wine and I love to make things, so this seems like a perfect match. Probably doesn’t hurt either that I’ve had experience as an organic chemist. We shall see if I still have my touch, but presently I’m at the groping stage.

Thanks for your speedy replies to my first post on pH meters.

TheTone

Comment

• Nice to meet you!
      Life's more fun with a Polish Wine Princess!
      Half owner of Italian Floor Corker

Comment

• Welcome!

Hopefully your experience in organic chemistry might help some of us along the way also.

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

• A very warm welcome
          Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Hi there
            and welcome
            I had the priveledge of meeting some suppliers from Denver, last year at winepress.us winefestival in Denver, you will find the boys (Brian and Richard) at stomp them grapes (Denver) incredibly knowledgeable and friendly.

hope you enjoy your time here with us.

regards
            Bob
            N.G.W.B.J.
            Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
            Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• oops nearly forgot

http://www.stompthemgrapes.com
              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Thanks for the lead, Bob. I have some questions pertaining to grapes viable in this area's climate and would value their input.

Comment

• You may also wish to chat with Jay Spence (concetta cellars) member here and resident of Denver.........well Castle Rock.

Hes a good lad

a bit fat but good

regards
                  Bob
                  N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Greetings TT.

Comment

• (It did seem somewhat like strolling through a ghost town.)

Welcome to a new grave yard, no contact at all, look at the dates of responce..
                      Think your first opion a tad too ambitious.
                      Most of the posters are the same as the site you left.
                      Tell it as it is no mess.
                      drunk disorderly

Comment

• ?????
                        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• You been drinking again, DD?
                          Let's party

Comment

• Mamgiowl, so right, well oiled and fell off my perch.
                            Picking up the mess, soon be back to normal, what ever normal is.
                            drunk disorderly, again

Comment

• Only living up to your name DD. No worries
                              Let's party

Comment

• Hi there! I finally made over from the old place. I thought the place was so dead I even deleted the book mark but thankfully I had another so here I am.
                                Thanks David.
                                I currently have three batches going

Welshes white is clearing.

Welshes concord has reached 0 ABV but is still bubbling away and should till sg gets to .990

Cranberry rasberry just got started tuesday.

I got about 15 pounds of figs from my fig tree in the freezer I've been meaning to get to so that will be next.

Cheers
                                Rick

Comment

Working...
                                X