Clear All

• Welcome. Hope you enjoy your stay.
    Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Welcome to the forum, Kmoorman.

I'm not from anywhere close to Sussex!
      REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

• I'm glad to be here... and all I need to do now is start to fill up some of the free slots in my 200 bottle wine rack in my garage.... what to try next eh?

Kieron.
        Visit my Gold Panning Blog

Comment

• Welcome, I am not sure where in the UK Sussex is but I can assure you that I am not too close. Chicago is a hike from there...and a bit of a swim too.

If I were you I would try dandelion wine. I can’t think of anything better than drinking a good weed. I had some the other day that was made in '79 and it was unbelievable. But then again, it was aged nicely.

Welcome back

Comment

• Hello from West Sussex

Hello, I remember David from another forum and because my first attempt at winemaking was a complete and utter disaster I decided it was time to try again...perhaps this time I'll get it right!

I enjoy all sorts of creativeness and homemade activities including soapmaking, quilting, cheese and butter making, cooking, baking, preserving, soon to be beekeeping, gardening, allotmenting and so much more I could go on forever. I'd like to add wine making to the list of things I can successfully make. I'm armed with the John Seymour book and perhaps with a little help from this forum I can do that.

I'm off to have a read now, I look forward to being a part of this forum.
            If you enjoy crafts, cooking, gardening and being creative then visit my website at www.news2share.co.uk

Comment

• Jesse;

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully, we will be able to "hold your hand" and help you create some wonderful wine.

Questions are always welcome, as they remind more experienced winemakers of the little things we do without thinking.

Pat

Comment

• oooh goodie, help already I've been browsing through the recipes section and I've been nodding to myself thinking ooooh I'll have lots of gooseberries later on, and lots of blackcurrants, last year we had huge quantities of pears etc. But nothing is ready for picking now, so any suggestions as to what I might use now? I'd like to try elderflower wine as I've heard good things about that but elderflower season is a couple months away still, perhaps I should wait a little and do some reading up in the meantime. thanks for the welcome
                If you enjoy crafts, cooking, gardening and being creative then visit my website at www.news2share.co.uk

Comment

• Morrisons do Elderflower juice i think, but brewmaker do an elderflower concentrate, also stocked by morrisons.

Welcome aboard by the way

regards
                  Bob
                  N.G.W.B.J.
                  Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                  Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Maybe you could try a kit.....

look on the suppliers page, you can get an extra 5% discount by mentioning this site.
                    N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Hello! I'm new here, just joined today, I'm in West Sussex so not too far from you

Comment

• Thanks We don't have a Morrisons near us so I'll have a look around.

Comment

• Jesse;

This means that you will add sugar after all other ingredients until the Specific Gravity of the must (juice and additives) reaches 1.080 to 1.090.

Pat

Comment

• You may also wish to explore the Links and downloads area of the site.
                            there are lots of freebie downloads there including some good reading materials on the basics of wine making.

regards
                            Bob
                            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• thanks, yes I think I need to read up on the basics as I don't understand how to tell when the "Specific Gravity of the must (juice and additives) reaches 1.080 to 1.090." Did I mention that I have an awful lot to learn about winemaking

Comment

• Fear not.....you are in safe hands, we have many experts here. And they are always happy to help, and never be scared to ask questions.

First port of call........brew shop to buy a hydrometer and a thermometer.....essential equipment.

regards
                                Bob
                                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Working...
                                X