No announcement yet.

Introduce Yourselves here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi rusco! Welcome to a really great forum!
    REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

• You're very welcome Rusco. Look forward to hearing how the Turbo turned out
      Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Hey there Rusco

welcome aboard
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Originally posted by brewnut
          Welcome to the forum Rusco! I've only been a member of this board for a couple of weeks but everyone's lovely!

Just to say starting out with a turbo cider or two is a great idea. It was the last of three brews I put on, but was the first to be drunk ... I'm still waiting patiently to have my first taste of a bitter I put on a couple of weeks ago (it's aging/carbonating in a pressure barrel at the moment), yet have almost finished fermenting my second turbo cider!

FYI I add a cup full of white sugar and a teaspoon on yeast nutrient to my turbo ciders and it results in an Alcohol By Volume (ABV) of around 7.2%.

Brewnut
          Brewnut

Sorry to ask a question already, but I'm curious about the yeast nutrient that you mention. What happens if I don't use it as per the receipe I've got? Is it essential that I put this in? What are the benefits?

Thanks

Rusco

Comment

• It will keep the yeasties fed while they do their stuff, not always essential as there may be plenty nutrient in the must, but if there isnt then you run the risk of the batch spoiling. nds developing off smells (sulphur dioxide I believe) so best to add some nutrient or a vitamin B1 tablet.

hope this helps
            Bob
            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Great, thanks for the info. I think I'll make the first batch to receipe and then try some experiments for the 2nd batch

Rusco

Comment

• Yeast Nutrient

Hi Rusco,

Sorry I didn't get a reply to your question off but I see Bob has got one posted.

I just chucked in the yeast nutrient because: I had some; I didn't really know what I was doing; I thought it might help get the ABV high(er) (as I was also adding sugar), and; because 'why not'!!

What I can say is that there is certainly no taste in the resultant brew (or none that my tastebuds could pick up) in consequence of chucking in the yeast nutrient .... And the ABV was very respectable!

Brewnut

Comment

• Hiya,
                  Been a member here a while but just realised I have never posted.
                  Mostly use another forum, some of you may have seen me there.
                  Anyway, from Yorkshire, between Huddersfield and Denby Dale, but work in Sheffield.
                  Been homebrewing since I was 17yo (now nearly 32), and helping my Dad pick dandelions and tap birch trees a long time before that.
                  Still no good at it but I keep trying!
                  Currently fermenting 2 gallons of pinapple and grape juice wine, and have 5 gallons of elderberry and 3 gallons of blackberry ready soon, plus a nice raisin dessert wine just about done.
                  Anyway, that's the intro done with

Comment

• Hi Dr.B. Glad to have another member aboard!
                    REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

• Yeah, we missed you Dr.B
                      Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Another new member

Hi everyone,

My name is Butch and I live in northern Kentucky. Hope to learn much on this forum. It may take me awhile to figure out everything about this forum.
                        Winer

Comment

• Welcome, Butch! The more, the merrier! It shouldn't take long to figger us out!
                          REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

• Welcome aboard, hope you enjoy your time here.

Thought you would still be down Brammall lane celebrating Dave

bring on tha Toon eh?..........................."haway the lads"

lol

regards
                            Bob
                            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Welcome Jesse - whereabouts in West Sussex are you?
                              Visit my Gold Panning Blog

Comment

• Greetings from sunny Iowa!

Hello all!

New member here. Some of you may recognize a similar name from another forum. Here's to learning about and sharing wine experiences!

Cheers!

The Little Blind Guy
                                Eastern Iowa Wine Club
                                West Point Sweet Corn Festival

Comment

Working...
                                X