• Show
Clear All

• Yup

welcome to the sad sad world of winemaking

lol

regards
    Bob
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Hippie--I too like a standalone blackberry wine. I still have 12 lbs of berries in the freezer that will become blackberry wine. I do like the way blackberry compliments merlot and vice versa. Who says you cant have it all!!! I know from another forum that you are very fond of blackberry. It is a hard wine to beat. I have never made the mist blend but perfer to pick my own berries and make my own blend. Guess it seems more like "mine" when I do it that way. Thanks for the welcome.

Comment

• New guy on the block

Hi there

I used to make wine many years ago when I lived in Scotland (some 30 years past) I now live near Macclesfield. For some reason I have taken the notion to try again. Things seem to have moved on a bit since then so I kicked of with a simple kit, bu talready I am getting twitchy to make some "different" wine.
        I have found a bottle of Ocean Spray cranberry and mango cordial which the wife doesn't like, there are also some apples and pears which the family have not eaten. ... I feel another gallon coming on....

Great site... Keep up the good work

Alan

Comment

• Welcome to the forum, Alan. You sound like you will fit right in!
          REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

• Your very welcome, alanJ. Sounds like you're going to come up with some interesting brews! Good on ya
            Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Hi Alan

I have used the ocean spray cranberry/raspberry...it was nice

no sulphites added so it ferments easily

Welcome aboard

regards
              bob
              N.G.W.B.J.
              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• New Boy

Just re-started brewing and have moved into Wines - am experimenting at present to see what works and what I like!

Myles G (based in Scotland, but Bristol by heart!)

Comment

• Welcome Myles! Very glad to have you here!
                  REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

• Im in south eastern Kentucky... Do you guys know where I could get a kit for Muscadine wine? Thats a wine ive been wanting to make for a while but cant seem to locate a kit.. I can get the grapes but I have no way to crush them and there isnt anyone in this area that has one... thanks

Comment

• No muscadine kits. You don't need a crusher. Get 6-8 pounds of muscadines per gallon of wine you want to make and freeze them for a few weeks in a deep freezer. They will mash very well when fully thawed if they are good and ripe to begin with.
                      REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

• SeaHawk

Just like to say i am new hear,tryed some home kitts they were ok but i am trying grape i was unable to get the wine grape,so i have got red's only a trial run this time just to see how i go,nothing as been added,i have to gallons,with air locks.so i have tried another two gals but it as gone cold now in the night's so i have put a heater in with the pulp set at room temp,if i am doing wrong would someone please put me right,with regard's richie

Comment

• Welcome Richie.

You mean like an aquarium heater? You should ferment your wines inside your home where the temp is between 65-75*F.
                          REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

• Hi Seahawk

Welcome to the forum. Where in South Wales are you?

cheers, Shirley
                            www.honeyjukes.co.uk

Comment

• with regard's

ok thankyou my freind,i shall and if the other half goes on i shall just have to my foot down

]

Comment

• i live in porttalbot i was born in swansea, yes that's right i am a jack,but now live on the beach front for 25 years now,this home made wine is good fun and there are a lot of pepole ready to help,thankyou for youe reply

Comment

Working...
                                X