• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Stackmonkey

hope you enjoy your time here

regards
    Bob
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• I'm another newbie... I haven't made wine for years... and my first and only attempt was a failure. However, I'm hoping to put all that behind me as I embark on my next attempt at making.... elderberry wine....

I've got some sloe gin and vodka on the go... and some raspberry vodka too.

You all seem very friendly in here... I hope you've got a lot of patience

Comment

• Welcome wildgarlic. We have had some fairly hard heads here!
        REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

• Welcome aboard

I've been away with work (Glasgow) for the last few days, so just catching up on what I've missed whilst away

regards
          Bob
          N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• ...and welcome back Mr. Morton! We have missed you!
            REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

• awwwwwwww

Glenvall you say the nicest things
              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Morning all. Been making wine on and off for many years but I'm still learning. Living out in the country I make use of the free stuff, elderberries, blackberries, apples etc. Tried dandelion once. That was enough. Looked like a bucket of purified frogs and smelt like a swamp. Anyone every tried birch sap wine? I did the thing, following the instructions. Got a nice silver birch in the local police station garden. Got permission off the inspector. Drilled into the tree and managed to get about a pint of sap mixed with water (and a few bugs). I'm sure we've all had our failures. My all time favourite is redcurrant wine from my own bushes. Wunnerful! Wish I could share some with you. Speak to you later.

Comment

• welcome nobby hope youve got plenty of fruit in the freezer to keep you going through the winter
                  mark
                  "we need a bigger boat"

Comment

• Welcome aboard nobby

I hope you enjoy your time here with us

pull up a chair....pop a cork

regards
                    bob
                    N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Thanks, Bob and Heeby. Space in the freezer is a bit limited as the missus keeps filling it wi' meat. She tells me that there's quite a few redcurrants and raspberries in there so I'm o.k. for a while. Was it on here that I noticed fruit juice was popular?

Comment

• Welcome Nobby! Sorry for the delay, another hardrive failure, another new one installed.
                        REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

• What are you doing to wear them out?
                          N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• I wish I knew. They will just start making a loud buzzing and then that's it! I have kids that use this machine, so no telling. When Vista comes out I am getting an entirely new system and they can move this one wherever.
                            REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

• wine virgin here, getting things together

Hi, My name is Anne and I live in NH,USA. I have yet to start my first batch of wine but am looking forward to it. I have lots of ideas and little money and to make things more limited I am also disabled. However I have decided to just stick to small(1 gal) batches so that I can hopefully handle the production myself. I would love to make a grapefruit juice wine. Also apple,grape and cherry sound appealing. I have some dried cherrys that are delicious and I was wondering if I could make wine from those? Anyone know? At this point though I think I want to just uses juices to make a bit less work for me. I did order a few things(aparently too few) but I think I still need pectic enzyme and a hydrometer at least so I am looking around for those. Any advice going in is welcome.

Comment

• Welcome! Just let us know what you need help with and we wil answer best we can. Good to have you aboard!
                                REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

Working...
                                X