X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got ya beat Duff, I have wine 8 months old but only 1 bottle left
    National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

• Welcome aboard Aid

good to see you here, dont worry tooooo much about waiting to drink the odd bottle of each batch, just try to save some, as you will se a huge difference when the wine hits its 1st birthday.

but for now, enjoy

Karl is right though, you need to get production up, its the ONLY way to save enough to age properly

regards
      Bob
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard_S View Post
        Got ya beat Duff, I have wine 8 months old but only 1 bottle left

Ahhhh you must have the patience thing sorted then
        Discount Home Brew Supplies
        Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
        Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
        National Wine Judge
        N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• I've got this patience thing sussed. What you do is make a wine that won't clear. Try everything you've ever heard of to clear it. When nothing works, get pee'd off, and stick it at the back of a cupboard and forget about it for a few months. Suddenly find it again, and discover it is clear

I have tonight bottled a mead made in this tried and trusted manner and sippers tasted fantastic. It was started in January 2005 and put in the cupboard a year ago. Not bad, huh?
          Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

Hi everyone, just had 3 pints of my first TC brew, recepie picked up from this forum. what can I say wonderfull stuff and I think I am going to have a headache in the morning

jeff

Comment

• Don't go to sleep!!!

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

• Yup

sleep causes hangovers!

its true
                N.G.W.B.J.
                Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• So if you can't avoid sleep, top up with the TC as soon as you wake up, you'll soon not care about the hangover - or anything else for that matter. Nice to meet you BTW.
                  Last edited by Mamgiowl; 18-08-2007, 08:30 AM. Reason: typo - Doh!
                  Let's party

Comment

• Hello from a keen amateur!!

Hello all...thought I would introduce myself after registereng today.
                    My name is Paul I'm 31 and I live on the Isle of Wight and have avery keen interest in brewing beer and wine making.
                    At the moment I have a stout barreled up and some Woodfordes Norfolk Nog fermenting, and though I'm not a huge wine lover I've just done some greengage wine.
                    I've had some success with some Tom Caxton lager and Yorkshire bitter kits and am becoming obsessive about my home brew!!!
                    A work colleague got me into this but he is on the later stage of making beer from scratch so is teaching me a few tricks.
                    I'm hoping to make a mash tun in the next few weeks as my dad in law is a plumber so can provide me with the copper!!
                    Anyway, I'm sure I will be hanging around a lot now I've found my new hobby.
                    All the best
                    Paul
                    Last edited by mr lil; 22-08-2007, 11:07 PM.
                    I LOVE MAKING WINE....JUST HATE DRINKING THE STUFF!!

Comment

• Welcome Paul, and your right it's addictive, feel free to ask anything you like, ahem...... winemaking I mean
                      Discount Home Brew Supplies
                      Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                      Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                      National Wine Judge
                      N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Originally posted by mr lil View Post
                        Hello all...thought I would introduce myself after registereng today.
                        My name is Paul I'm 31 and I live on the Isle of Wight and have avery keen interest in brewing beer and wine making.
                        At the moment I have a stout barreled up and some Woodfordes Norfolk Nog fermenting, and though I'm not a huge wine lover I've just done some greengage wine.
                        I've had some success with some Tom Caxton lager and Yorkshire bitter kits and am becoming obsessive about my home brew!!!
                        A work colleague got me into this but he is on the later stage of making beer from scratch so is teaching me a few tricks.
                        I'm hoping to make a mash tun in the next few weeks as my dad in law is a plumber so can provide me with the copper!!
                        Anyway, I'm sure I will be hanging around a lot now I've found my new hobby.
                        All the best
                        Paul
                        Mr. L welcome to the forum. Great knowledge within these monitors. I have also made my own mash tun but I use a rubber maid 10 gallon water cooler. Just a basic system that will I am sure work if I ever get time to put it in operation. I enjoy the wine making and get bogged down there - sure do not need any more liquor with all the wine that I have.

For your copper tun do you plan to have heat controls to keep the mash at a constant temperature? Cheers - take care on the Isle of Wight; keep us informed of the copper tun project. Welcome again.. DAW

Comment

• Nice to meet you Mr lil.
                          Let's party

Comment

• Thanks very much for the warm welcomes
                            I LOVE MAKING WINE....JUST HATE DRINKING THE STUFF!!

Comment

• 'ello ello'

Complete newbie......

Well almost...I had a dabble many years ago with a couple of kits (purchased from Boots the chemists if I remember rightly)

My interest has been re-ignited after a happy accident.
                              While trailing round a local car boot(following the other half),I came across half a dozen demi johns priced at £3 for the lot..now as this stall was at the edge of the field,the next thing I saw was a hedgerow full of brambles....putting 2 + 2 together,I quickly came up with.....Cheap Booze !!!!!

Back home with my purchases,the next trip was to Wilco's for any other bits I need.......Hmmm..now its not Cheap Booze

A quick trawl through the Internet looking for reciepes/help and here I am .......

And the rest is history
                              I wish I was a glow worm
                              Cos a glow worm's never glum
                              It's hard to be unhappy
                              When the sun shines out your bum

Comment

• Just noticed ...

my address is censored...

But I guess anyone that knows Lincolnshire will know where I am.
                                I wish I was a glow worm
                                Cos a glow worm's never glum
                                It's hard to be unhappy
                                When the sun shines out your bum

Comment

Working...
                                X