Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zebedee View Post
    Complete newbie......

Well almost...I had a dabble many years ago with a couple of kits (purchased from Boots the chemists if I remember rightly)

My interest has been re-ignited after a happy accident.
    While trailing round a local car boot(following the other half),I came across half a dozen demi johns priced at £3 for the lot..now as this stall was at the edge of the field,the next thing I saw was a hedgerow full of brambles....putting 2 + 2 together,I quickly came up with.....Cheap Booze !!!!!

Back home with my purchases,the next trip was to Wilco's for any other bits I need.......Hmmm..now its not Cheap Booze

A quick trawl through the Internet looking for reciepes/help and here I am .......

And the rest is history

Cheers Zebedee
    - A bouncing delight; welcome to the forum - the knowledge is here without any charge. All the best on your quest. DAW

Comment

• But you're very welcome, censored or not! Have fun.
      Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Hi and welcome
        yes the swear filter will take out the middle portion of the word

regards
        Bob
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Hi

Hi
          Just starting out making wine your forum has been a great help already thanks in advance for solving my future problems

Comment

• Welcome! Keep logging in there is a lot more where that came from. Cheers DAW

Comment

• You're very welcome, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you better
              Let's party

Comment

• Welcome aboard

hope you enjoy your stay

regards
                Bob
                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Hello new here and new to winemaking.I brew beer usually so thought i'd have a go at winemaking also.Got a lockwood tinned strawberry on at the mo and i'll be doing my first fresh fruit blackberry wine sat so i'll have a few questions.
                  By the way i'm from south wales.

Comment

• Welcome yul, to our merry bunch of winemakers
                    Discount Home Brew Supplies
                    Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                    Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                    National Wine Judge
                    N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Originally posted by yul View Post
                      Hello new here and new to winemaking.I brew beer usually so thought i'd have a go at winemaking also.Got a lockwood tinned strawberry on at the mo and i'll be doing my first fresh fruit blackberry wine sat so i'll have a few questions.

Welcome Yule - two great berry choices for wine. Lots of great information here. Enjoy Cheers DAW

Comment

• Hooray, another South Walian. Nice to meet you, yul.
                        Let's party

Comment

• Originally posted by yul View Post
                          Not another one!

(kidding)

welcome welcome welcome

we like questions
                          N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Howdy!

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

• Hi

I've been making wine for a year now and enjoy every minute of it. I've joined this group to broaden my knowledge from others experiences. I just entered my Dandelion wine in our county fair competition and took Grand Champion honors. I've made 14 different kinds and most were pretty good for a newbe. I'm from Ohio.:

Comment

• Originally posted by memojo View Post
                                I've been making wine for a year now and enjoy every minute of it. I've joined this group to broaden my knowledge from others experiences. I just entered my Dandelion wine in our county fair competition and took Grand Champion honors. I've made 14 different kinds and most were pretty good for a newbe. I'm from Ohio.:
                                Welcome MJO - congratulations on the Dandelion wine. Lots of information within this forum. What other wines are currently fermenting. Cheers DAW

Comment

Working...
                                X