Introduce Yourselves here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tma View Post
    thought i would say hi....... first of haven't a clue about home brewing at all so thought this would be the best place to learn... im intrested in beer,cider the turbo one an wine too more fruity varieties so look forward to the banter and talking with you all soon.
    TMA
    Welcome TMA "banter" we do, it's all part of the fun of learning
    Discount Home Brew Supplies
    Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
    Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
    National Wine Judge
    N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Welcome, Paul
      National Wine Judge
      N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• thanks for the welcoms people , should be getting a little set up tommorow for my attempt of the turbo
        i came ,i saw, i drank ..........................................i fell down

Comment

• Ok so time i said my bit in here and did it properly.

I'm Andy and i'm an alcohfrolic, lol, well ok so i dont actually drink that much i just make loads. Got into making wine and beer in 2004, first doing both from kit then i wanted more of a challange so started wine from anything i could ferment. Yes coffee is great. Did loads durning 2004 / 05 but then had a very quiet 06 because of one thing or another. but a few weeks ago i pulled out my hydrometer, syphon tube and yeast and here i am again. Won't bore you all with what i'm brewing as its in my signature block but theres loads. I've also got a couple of beer kits to get going for christmas. Hicc!
          sigpic

Comment

• Aint swear filters great. The county council offices of that town got one as they were fed up with irate emails. Took them three days of no one getting an email to work out that all their email addresses were being blocked because of a little word.

Educated people........

Whoops forgot to say Hi... Were the demi johns from Hemswell or is there another boot sale in the area.
            sigpic

Comment

• yep it was Hemswell.

As the other half is a non driver,it falls to me to chauffeur her on her various shopping expeditions.

I'm normally a couple of steps behind her,bored out of my skull moaning,sulking and dragging my heels.

This new found hobby has changed all that.
              Now I am racing off in front looking for equipment and fermentable goods.
              I wish I was a glow worm
              Cos a glow worm's never glum
              It's hard to be unhappy
              When the sun shines out your bum

Comment

• Welcome Andy
                hope to see you at a wine circle meeting soon perhaps..1st monday of the month (except next month as its bonfire night I think)

hope you enjoy our little abode

regards
                Bob
                N.G.W.B.J.
                Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                  Welcome Andy
                  hope to see you at a wine circle meeting soon perhaps..1st monday of the month (except next month as its bonfire night I think)

hope you enjoy our little abode

regards
                  Bob

Yep good point Bob, Novembers meeting is on the 12th due to bonfire night.
                  Welcome again Andy
                  National Wine Judge
                  N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Hiya

Hi Everyone,

I live in sunny Gloucestershire (hmmm - well maybe not so sunny this year ) & grow quite a lot of fruit & veg.

This year I seem to have an abundance of quinces & I can't be bothered to make jelly with them, so it has been suggested I turn them into wine.

I am completely clueless about how to do this &, in the process of trying to find out, have stumbled upon this site,

Samm x

Comment

• Welcome, Samm feel free to ask as many questions as you like, we love questions
                      National Wine Judge
                      N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Howdy Samm!
                        Steve

Comment

• Wotcha Samm.

Quinces ? Hum? hadn't thought about them.

My parents are between Hereford and the Welsh Border and also have quinces. Looks like I'll have to see if I can scrounge some of them!

regards

fatbloke
                          Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

• Hiya Fatbloke!

They probably aren't far from me then as I am just outside Hereford - I live not far from Dymock.

Comment

• Hi Samm
                              not made quince wine, but I suspect a good apple or pear or even plum recipe would suffice, just be careful when using recipes that you don't use boiling water on the fruit (the way older recipes recommend) as you will have trouble getting the wine to clear, use plenty of pectolase (1tsp per gallon....maybe 2)
                              and it will likely benefit from being sweetened, this is best achieved by fermenting to dry, and then back sweetening.

have a look in the "new members start here" section, there are lots of free downloads, that will help with your wine making technique, welcome aboard here and welcome to this wonderful hobby

oh and as Karl says....we love questions, so ask away

regards
                              Bob
                              Last edited by lockwood1956; 14-10-2007, 06:35 PM.
                              N.G.W.B.J.
                              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X