Introduce Yourselves here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally freaking awesome dude!

I reckon I am just so used to checking the box after cleanups and such, I had taken it for granted!

Shoulda known it was something simple when I was looking for technical stuff!

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

• Hello all!

Hello every one, just a quick note to introduce myself. New member to the forum, been brewing for a short time (kits), I'm about to get a supermarket juice on the go... I seem to remember seeing somewhere that tescos apple and elderflower was a good one, has any one tried this/got a recipe?

Matureing youngs definative peach wine
      Conditioning muntons larger
      drinking brew buddy cider

Cheers all, good forum, been alot of help for me!!

Comment

• Good to meet you, bugle, glad we've been of some help.

I haven't made that particular wine but if you follow the general fruit juice recipes you won't go far wrong.
        Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Hi there Bugle
          glad to have you on board, where are you located?

regards
          Bob
          N.G.W.B.J.
          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Welcome bugle!
            Steve

Comment

• I located just outside woodbridge, suffolk...

Started wine today, only I think I may have been a bit too rushed in getting it going! I'd check when buying the juice if they contained preservative, but with a little screaming and being in a rush completly forgot that the apple and elderflower had sorbate in it... Pitched yeast a few hours ago, and nothing yet. was thinking id leave it till the morning and maybe strain the dead yeast off and heat off the preservating and try a second dose of yeast. what do you think?

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by bugle View Post
                I located just outside woodbridge, suffolk...

Started wine today, only I think I may have been a bit too rushed in getting it going! I'd check when buying the juice if they contained preservative, but with a little screaming and being in a rush completly forgot that the apple and elderflower had sorbate in it... Pitched yeast a few hours ago, and nothing yet. was thinking id leave it till the morning and maybe strain the dead yeast off and heat off the preservating and try a second dose of yeast. what do you think?

Cheers

Here is a link for Goji Juice that will likely answer your question. Go to point 17. Then ask yourself what will my wine taste like in the end? Cheers DAW

Comment

• Originally posted by bugle View Post
                  completly forgot that the apple and elderflower had sorbate in it... Pitched yeast a few hours ago, and nothing yet. was thinking id leave it till the morning and maybe strain the dead yeast off and heat off the preservating and try a second dose of yeast. what do you think?

Cheers
                  Just because it contains sorbate, doesnt mean itWONT ferment, have a look in the morning, as you say and see if it is fermenting or not, if not then just heat the juice, dont concernyourself too much with getting the yeasties out, unless they have dropped and thus making it easy to rack the juice off the top of them, great thing about making wine is that you dont have to rush to do anything.

regards
                  Bob
                  N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Hi All,

I just registered and thought I would post here. I've been making wine since 2004. I started with kits, but by the fall started with my first batch from grapes.

Using what I've learned from books and great blogs like this and another, I have been steadily improving.

This fall we did 1000 lbs of Suisun Valley grapes, Chardonnay, Cabernet and Merlot.

And I have never stopped making kits. My wife is my chief taster and critic so I get very good feedback and support.

Lockwood, thanks for creating another great place for winemakers to gather.

Ed S.

Comment

• Welcome Ed!

Where is the Suisun Valley? (geographically challenged)

REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

• Hi Ed,

Welcome - glad to see you on this forum too.

Are you really a super moderator after 1 post or has Bob been tinkering with the software again?

Steve
                        Steve

Comment

• I think the latter! Have submitted an inquiry to the 'wise old lad'.

REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

• Hi Ed, good to meet you.

Bob'll sort the problem I've no doubt
                            Let's party

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
                              Are you really a super moderator after 1 post or has Bob been tinkering with the software again?

Steve

No Bob has been carrying out admin duties while drinking

I have had a word with myself

Hi Ed and welcome aboard

regards
                              Bob
                              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Tut, tut!
                                Let's party

Comment

Working...
                                X