• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the greetings, nice to meet you all,

Hope I can make a contribution

Chris

Comment

• Originally posted by Duffbeer View Post
      Welcome Starsky, as Bob say's ask as many questions as you like.
      But check out the tutorials and other stuff, there's so much info here it boggles the mind.
      Or, so much wine here it puddles the mind!

Welcome Starsky, where's Hutch?
      National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

• Welcome 007 - many bonds around here; I spy detectives trying to figure out what is up with a home wine or mead problem. Cheers hope we are able to help. DAW

Comment

• Welcome Starsky and I hope you'll enjoy your new hobby as much as we all do.
          Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Thank you all very much for the warm welcome i think this forum is great ive been on a few others but this is by far the best at leased you guys are welcoming, unlike the other i joined but i think it american thats why.

Comment

• Originally posted by starsky007 View Post
              Thank you all very much for the warm welcome i think this forum is great ive been on a few others but this is by far the best at leased you guys are welcoming, unlike the other i joined but i think it american thats why.
              Wotcha starsk,

Nah, I don't thinks it's necessarily a nationality thing.

I post on loads of forums (not just wine ones). They all seem to have their own "feel". Some definitely seem more friendly than others, I'd guess it's more about attitude of the members.

The US members here, are just as excellent as the rest of us (and thats not just the Brits either).

What I mean is that, to use some of the linux forums I post at as an example, is that some of them are as good as WAH, but some of them are decidedly anal and seem to take it all far too seriously.

This one just seems to be pretty close to being one of the best IMO.

regards

John the fatbloke.
              Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

• Originally posted by fatbloke View Post
                This one just seems to be pretty close to being one of the best IMO.

regards

John the fatbloke.
                even after we gave you a hard time over the ginger wine John?

N.G.W.B.J.
                Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                  even after we gave you a hard time over the ginger wine John?

You wouldn't be referring to my efforts to emulate "Stones Ginger Wine", when I used about 6 or 7 times more ginger than it suggested in the recipe, which meant I had nearly 6 inches of "sludge", that meant despite the forums suggestions, turned out to be easily filtered/strained through a piece of sterilised bathroom towel, and has, in fact, produced a ginger wine that isn't the same as "Stones", but comes pretty damn close.

Is that the one that you're referring to Bob ?

Actually, it may appear that I have ginger on the brain, because the recipe I PM'd you about (and will post when I have time) is Charlie Papazians' "Barshack Ginger Mead". I made a batch last weekend (with fruit - the recipe/notes will explain all).

And I actually believe that these are excellent forums, because not only does no-one take things too seriously (despite the obvious levels of excellence that some members seem to have attained), but the very friendly and helpful nature of everyone.

A sort of "well I don't think that I'd do it that way, but hell, there's no reason why "you" shouldn't" feel.

BZ (any ex-naval personnel - like me - may, or may not understand that one) to every one concerned with "wines at home". VG exp !

regards

John the fatbloke

p.s. erm, revenge, like most wines, is best chilled
                  Last edited by fatbloke; 27-11-2007, 09:43 PM.
                  Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

• Originally posted by fatbloke View Post
                    You wouldn't be referring to my efforts to emulate "Stones Ginger Wine", when I used about 6 or 7 times more ginger than it suggested in the recipe, which meant I had nearly 6 inches of "sludge", that meant despite the forums suggestions, turned out to be easily filtered/strained through a piece of sterilised bathroom towel, and has, in fact, produced a ginger wine that isn't the same as "Stones", but comes pretty damn close.

Is that the one that you're referring to Bob ?
                    noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
                    N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Welcome mate.
                      I only started last month and have 5 Gallons on the go and 2 more gallons ready to make on sunday.

Once it takes hold it just keeps getting bigger and bigger, fortunatly its one of those hobbies with upsides one of the biggest is makign the wine yourself but another one is that you can make ecellent wine for 1/8-1/10 of the price of shop wine (cheaper if your doing country wines)

Good luck mate
                      Winer Swapper Extraordinaire
                      Wanna swap your wine for something exciting? follow the link:

http://www.winesathome.co.uk/forum/s...ead.php?t=2568

Comment

• Here I am

As the name suggests I am the other half of BennyBoy (now knows as BB... I guess I'll be BBE of something silly...).

The name's Abi.

I am a college student/winery assistant for Mr Benny here and I am loving all of his produce. Some of it even tastes good!

Well. I don't know much about the wine malarky but I'm sure gonna learn as much as I can. You'll probably find me more on the general chit-chat forums tho.

Very excited to meet you all !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• I love the phrase 'Some of it even tastes good!'

btw ...welcome
                          I wish I was a glow worm
                          Cos a glow worm's never glum
                          It's hard to be unhappy
                          When the sun shines out your bum

Comment

• She found me.....

I had better behave now

Afternoon Tabs xxx
                            Winer Swapper Extraordinaire
                            Wanna swap your wine for something exciting? follow the link:

http://www.winesathome.co.uk/forum/s...ead.php?t=2568

Comment

• Welcome to the mad house Abi
                              National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

• Welcome Abi

hope you enjoy your time here

regards
                                Bob
                                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Working...
                                X