No announcement yet.

Introduce Yourselves here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone.Just getting back into the hobby after nearly 20 years.Wasn`t much good at it back then though,but hey,it`s the 21st century now,anything could happen.
    Area reserved for intelligent comments......

Comment

• Welcome ukmike, home brew has moved on, we have much greater product availability today and tecniques have improved too. Enjoy your stay.
      Discount Home Brew Supplies
      Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
      Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
      National Wine Judge
      N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Hi ukmike99

Welcome aboard, have a look at the resources page, there are some useful downloads there (free)

enjoy your time here, we are a friendly bunch
        regards
        Bob
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Ditto the welcome ukmike, if a complete nugget like me can make wine that's even vaguely drinkable then just about anyone can !

regards

John the fatbloke
          Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

• Welcome, ukmike, nice to make your acquaintance and looking forward to getting to know you better.
            Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Hello from across the pond

Welcome, we have a varied lot...they even allow OKies...with mattresses on the top of our cars, and computers in the bunk-seat.
              Last edited by Guest; 01-01-2008, 06:40 PM. Reason: handshake

Comment

• Hi everyone, I am returning to wine making after quite a few years off, and really looking forward to getting going. Have bought a 5gallon kit to start me off, but intend to make a mix of country wines and kits. I live on a farm, as if you would not guess by my nickname, lol, so loads of hedgerow berries to look forward to. No doubt I will be picking the collective brains in the very near future

Comment

• Welcome to the forum Calf rearer!

Rich

Comment

• Welcome aboard!

sorry about the initial sign in difficulties, corrected now, feel free to ask questions, we like questions......
                    N.G.W.B.J.
                    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Hi Calf rearer, pull up a chair and make yourself at home
                      Let's party

Comment

• After a long break, I returned to wine and beer making in the autumn of 2006. I started with Ben Turners M&S book a few years ago and have just bottled my first melomel based on one of his recipes.

I've tried a couple of kits this year and am on my third 5 gallon brew; I have a mixed bag of approx 15 demi-johns in the workshop with some very bright ones (grape, parsnip), some extremely murky ones (sloe, unknown) and an assortment of bottles including cider and perry made from farmers market bought juice and some beers.

I've been surprised (and so has my wife) at the quality of my recent endeavours and I'd like to get better wines by perhaps removing some of the luck and adding some consistency.

I found this site when trying to find the difference between TA and Ph and having found a reply, I'm very much looking forward to trying in some small way to participate

Comment

• Hello all

Calf rearer, Simon, Ukmike welcome jump in anywhere.

Comment

• Hello Simon, welcome to the 'madhouse'
                            Let's party

Comment

• Thank you all for the welcome, I am slowly digesting the tutorials on here which are fantastic to say the least, the thumbnails are great and help to make it all so clear. My order arrived yesterday from a very helpful man in Stockport, so as soon as I get home tonight its all systems go !

Comment

• Yippee! Keep us posted.
                                Let's party

Comment

Working...
                                X